- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Samantha McHale
RETAIL STORE DESIGNER
START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: 6 MONTHS
** A FORTUNE 500 RETAIL COMPANY IS LOOKING FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL RETAIL STORE DESIGNER! **
- Produce accurate construction documents, including architectural drawings and material specifications, for new construction and renovations to retail stores.
- Contributes to Store Development Business Goals with Construction and Real Estate by achieving target deliverables on number of stores and meeting all established deadlines.
- Designs stores within parameters of individual store budgets and market requirements based on direction from the design manager.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality. Manages the production of construction documents by designers and consultants.
- Mentors designers and asst designers and ensures intended scope of work, needs and code requirements are met on drawings.
- Checks drawings for design intent.
- Conducts site visits as needed under periodic guidance of the design manager.
- Participates in the architectural design process by assessing the scope of the project through review of surveys and deal documents.
- Develops schematic drawings and selects palettes under periodic guidance of the design manager.
- Participates in the execution of design strategy by reinforcing communicating design direction and changes to consultants.
- Identifies exceptions, proposes design solutions and resolves issues with manager.
- Participates with cross functional teams on individual store designs by participating in periodic schematic reviews with Operations and Design reviews under the guidance of the design manager.
- CAD drafting using REVIT or AutoCAD software, including production of construction documents: 5 years.
- Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience working in retail, hospitality, or restaurant design or development organization: 5 years.
- Architects are okay, but have really only been successful if they have interior design experience).
- Ability in 3D visualization and working knowledge of color and design principles.
- Visual, written and verbal communication of design issues.
- Ability to execute multiple designs under tight deadlines.
- Ability to translate stated design principles / objectives into unique and varied store locations.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Restaurant / retail design experience desired.
- Experience working on multiple projects with competing priorities
- This role must be able to switch gears to support the team and work independently
WE WELCOME REFERRALS! CHECK OUT OUR REFERRAL POLICY HERE: $$$$ http://aquent.com/rewards/
WORKING WITH AQUENT
Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward Bart passes, etc.)
- Direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)