Our client, a Fortune 100 Energy company, is looking for top-notch UX Designers and Information Architects to help them solve the world’s toughest energy challenges by building software for their engineers and geoscientists. They are looking for people who thrive on solving highly-technical problems, who want to work in a company that values user experience, and who would be delighted to be part of a rapidly-growing corporate community of other UX professionals who will challenge you and help grow your skillset. If this describes you, and you have strong skills in interaction design, data visualization along with an impressive portfolio to prove it, then take a look at the job description below!
Activities and Skills
1. You’ll design complex, custom web applications for technical data applications to help our scientists and engineers find and consume the information they need.
2. You’ll look for ways to design more effective user processes, to dramatically improve task performance.
3. You’ll work with other designers and sometimes alone to sketch designs, make paper and electronic prototypes to test concepts early and quickly.
4. You’ll conduct usability tests in the field and at our usability lab, sometimes on your own and sometimes with a User Researcher. We have access to our real end-users, and test with them frequently.
5. We anticipate a web-based solution, so your skills in web design and knowledge of CSS are a huge plus.
6. You’ll make complex things simple, but only by deeply understanding the problem. We’re looking for people with experience in scientific and engineering domains, or some other area where you’ve tackled a tough domain.
7. We view success as shared understanding and achievements of UX and business results with non-designers. We look forward to your expertise, verbal and visual communication skills helping our team both understand the problem and develop better solutions.
• Electronic and Paper Prototyping
• Interaction Design
• Visual Design
Desired Skills or Experience:
• 5+ years of design experience
• 2+ years design experience with web applications required.
• Experience with geospatial data or enterprise search preferred.