The operations specialist will be responsible for supporting day to day assortment set up and maintenance activities. In this role, the specialist will collaborate closely with the digital merchandising organization, retail category managers, item set up teams, Vendor Partners, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and other teams to define and execute on the category vision and experience.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
• Partner with digital merchandising, SEO, Usability and other teams to define the optimal category experience including an SEO optimized product content style guide, imaging requirements, and other attributes essential to enhance customer experience leading to higher conversion/sales.
• Partner with our Vendors/Content Providers to review the guidelines and requirements for new products. Ensure our vendors/content providers deliver high quality product information facilitating new assortment set up.
• Ensure new items are set up in a timely manner/on schedule with a high level of accuracy. Develop and execute robust quality assurance processes and checks that would ensure a good customer experience e.g. inventory checks before product launch, good quality images, accurate content.
• Act as the main point of contact to support new vendor set up process.
• Ensure any updates/maintenance requests are completed in a timely manner keeping in mind regulatory and compliance related requirements.
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement/efficiencies in daily processes e.g. automation, streamlining processes etc.
• Partner with the call center, our distribution center, omni operations team and others to resolve customer issues related to products online.
• Reporting/tracking and ad-hoc analysis as required.
- Bachelors degree OR equivalent merchandising/eCommerce work experience
- Go getter attitude – strong ability to execute and get things done
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with vendors and internal business partners.
- Strong spreadsheet skills utilizing MS Excel and Access required
- High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent work experience preferred.