Engages in sample coordination by managing the organization, flow, and tracking of samples through internal photography and post-production processes; securing sample storage and staging areas; and partnering with Merchandising and Item Set-Up teams to forecast volume of incoming samples.
Provides support for stylists and Photostudio crew members by assisting stylists with sample preparation (for example, product packing and unpacking, assembly, processing soft goods); and working with crew members to set-up and breakdown photo sets and equipment (for example, lighting, grip).
Provides support for the production of on-location and in-studio photo shoots by adhering to imagery Service Level Agreements (SLAs); maintaining sample receipt deadlines, acceptance criteria, and integrity; and collaborating with photographers, stylists, and the Photo Operations Team to maintain and improve photo production efficiency.
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
Customer/Member Centered: Meet Internal and External Customer/Member Needs - Identifies the requirements, expectations, and needs of customers/members. Supports and aligns with initiatives, goals, and actions focused on improving customer/member service. Addresses the concerns and issues of internal and external customers/members. Uses customer/member data, analyses, and insights to improve customer/member-related decisions.
- Researches and integrates relevant information and data, and uses expertise to make recommendations or decisions. Identifies and applies sound, fact-based criteria in setting priorities and making decisions. Uses business measures and analyses to identify improvement opportunities. Probes and looks beyond symptoms to determine the root causes of problems and identify possible solutions.
Execution and Results: Focus on Execution and Results - Aligns and pursues work activities to achieve the mission and business priorities of the organization. Shares information, practices, and resources across functions, organizations, and locations to improve performance. Effectively uses existing processes and tools to achieve performance objectives. Uses and explains major process steps to manage time, resources, and challenges to meet goals.
Planning and Improvement:
- Develops and implements plans, practices, and processes to better achieve organizational goals. Develops contingency plans to manage or eliminate potential problems. Identifies and recommends ways to continually improve and streamline processes and practices.
Influence and Communicate:
Build Influence - Develops and presents logical, convincing reasons in support of one's perspectives and initiatives.
Proactively shares relevant information and timely updates with appropriate people. Listens attentively and asks questions to ensure understanding. Researches information for and prepares documents and presentations that effectively convey relevant information in a timely manner.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
Enters and locates information on computer.
Presents information to small or large groups and individuals.
Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer.
Moves, lifts, carries, and places merchandise and supplies weighing up to 20 pounds without assistance.
Visually verifies information, often in small print. Reads information, often in small print.
• Bachelor's degree in Photography, Art, or related field OR 2 years experience in digital photography production or operations, or related field.
I. Preferred Qualifications
• 1 year experience in retail photography production.
• 1 year experience in digital marketing creative or related field.
• 1 year experience in professional digital photography.
• 1 year experience managing cross-functional projects.