- Stamford, CT
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Heather Farrin
Aquent's client has an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated UX Designer to contribute to an in-house creative team designing and maintaining an elevated and stylish user experience. We are looking for a candidate with experience in information design and architecture (UI / UX), a focus on usability with strong design skills.
● Primary focus will be to participate in conceptualization sessions for quick prototyping with minimum supervision
● Partner with Creative Director to translate business strategy into creative solutions
● Participate in brainstorm sessions, conceptualize and design MVP capabilities
● Experience applying user journey maps and wireframes to communicate interaction design concepts
● Knowledge of current web-design trends and techniques (Responsive Design, Grid Systems, etc.) Solid responsive website and mobile site work should be part of your portfolio
● Know how to define and proliferate design patterns to create and maintain a scalable and consistent site experience and communicate them clearly from delivering persuasive presentations to writing detailed style guides
● Constant drive to stay up-to-date with the latest industry technology and developments.
● Has a solid understanding of site functionality, architecture, intuitive user interfaces, and navigation
● Team player with roll-up-your-sleeves and get it done mentality that focuses on results
● Operates with a solid grasp of the digital product aesthetic while elevating and evolving it
● Combine the courage of your convictions with the willingness to ask for help, follow direction, and exchange constructive critique with peers
● Have superb information and graphic design skills (and a Bachelor’s Degree – preferably in Communication Design or Graphic Design
● Minimum 2-3 years of Web / Internet / Digital design
● Strong storyboarding and wireframing skills preferred
● Provide samples of impeccable web design sensibility
● Fluency in Photoshop, Illustrator and UI/UX tools, such as OmniGraffle or Sketch are a big plus.
● Must have a solid understanding of designing intuitive interfaces
● Team-oriented and have a collaborative approach to creative development
● Ability to execute on quick-turn project deadlines, while working both independently and as part of a team.
● Have a sharp wit and a manner that inspires trust and confidence in clients
● Can crank out multiple unique stylistic approaches to a problem
Our client is an American research and advisory technology firm headquartered in Stamford, CT.
***Background check is required for this position.***
*** Submit your resume and elevator pitch describing your credentials for this particular role. Use the job description as your guide.***