Drive business users to execute migrations assessments and testing phases
Provide level one SharePoint support to assist with assessment and preparation of sites
Our client has an outstanding reputation in the industry for process driven methodology and for being on the cutting edge of Technology and Security.
An American multinational energy corporation is seeking an IT-Analyst/Developer III to support their ITC Business Unit through the Enterprise-wide SharePoint Migration to the Cloud. The IT-Analyst/Developer is a collaborative role between SharePoint Business Analysis and SharePoint Administration, Configuration and Development. This resource will be responsible for customer facing with end-users throughout the migration, as well as basic SharePoint troubleshooting and configurations.
High Level Job Description/Scope:
- The successful candidate is capable of planning, communicating, driving and coordinating SharePoint migrations from on-premise to cloud. The candidate also provides technical guidance and hands on support for SharePoint Migration to Pre-Migration support team as well as end-users. Candidate must have a strong SharePoint technical and functional knowledge for both SP2010 and SharePoint Online. Candidate will also work closely with Operations team that are responsible for execution of migrations to ensure a smooth transition from Planning stages to migration execution stages. This is a business facing role which requires high degree of interaction with non-technical business users, presentations to large audiences and working in a high pressure environment.
- This position is a technical and functional leader involved in planning, driving and coordinating SharePoint migrations from on premise to cloud
- Leads business unit deployment coordinators through the five stages of migration process
- Responsible for leading business unit deployment coordinators through Assess, Plan and Prepare stage of migrations
- Experienced in developing, testing, debugging common SharePoint and InfoPath related issues
- Ensures appropriate BCM collateral is available for end-user by working closely with BCM team
- Ensures that enterprise migration schedule is being met
- Contributes to defining timelines and project plans; analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, and time as needed by business units
- Understands and executes within the team’s incident, change, release and configuration management processes
- Partners with Operations team that are responsible for execution of migrations to ensure a smooth transition from Planning stages to migration execution stages
- Prioritizes and aligns work tasks balancing team and functional goals
- Identifies and implements areas for automation and workflows
- Works with operations team to troubleshoot incidents when required
- Works with a diverse group of individuals with a common purpose, always thinking about tomorrow in what we deploy today; collaborating openly, swiftly and often; evolving ourselves and processes and improving technology through rapid iteration
• 5-7 years’ IT Analyst experience
• Technical communication experience with business users
• Advanced SharePoint 2010 and 2013 configuration and migration experience
• SharePoint Online experience preferred
• College degree preferred, but not required.
Potential travel to San Ramon, CA during the assignment.