- Position can be done remotely - client is in Hartford, CT
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Blythe Churchill-Joell
Our client is seeking an experienced Content Management Consultant to support a large number of projects on a busy team. This role will be able to work remotely, but required to be fully accessible during (East Coast) business hours. The Content Manager will write clear, concise and understandable digital content of all kinds for various portal sites, especially a large and highly transactional customer portal. This role will require the consultant to take complex health care ideas/terminology/processes and simplify for the end-user/customer/B2C audience, adhering to accepted brand and style guides, in-house content standards, and general best practices.
We need a dynamic writer who can hit the ground running with a demonstrated ability to self-direct daily and weekly tasks, priorities and deadlines. Ideal candidates will stay cool under pressure, adapt to stressors, and keep the Big Picture in perspective.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce original content or edited content of all kinds that is precise, engaging, concise, and is mindfully self-edited for accuracy and correctness, all under aggressive timelines and while juggling multiple projects and requests.
- Engage daily with multiple technical, business, and design teams; distill business goals, requirements, and technical constraints to identify a clear content pathway.
- Be a champion for internal digital content standards, digital marketing standards, and brand guidelines as they relate to content strategy, tone, voice and style.
- Balance small and large project demands and timelines on a day-to-day and week-by-week basis.
- Plan, prioritize and lead regular content review meetings with relevant stakeholders and bring an expert level of subject matter expertise to the table to arrive at agreement on final drafts; must be able to steer conversations and debate related to content, understand business goals, technical constraints, and demonstrate subject matter expertise in the area of digital content.
- Steward legal review and Spanish translation of content, as needed.
- Ensure all copydecks (internal content documents and deliverables) are properly documented and in alignment with accepted processes.
- Create new copydecks as needed following standardized formats and practices.
- Monitor customer feedback tool, cull feedback related to content, and make recommendations for content improvements, as needed.
- Ensure editorial integrity of the site, from identifying old and outdated content to typographical errors.
- Work cooperatively with other Copywriters/Editors and the Content Manager on the customer portal (web and mobile) for collaboration, brainstorming, and delivery of a cohesive content strategy.
Our client is a Fortune 500 company. Benefits Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package. Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting. Other features:
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
- 10+ years experience writing web/mobile content for various audiences, including B2C and B2B.
- Must bring expert writing, editing and proofreading skills. Needs to have extreme attention to detail while keeping the big picture in mind.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with a transactional website.
- Solid understanding of User Experience principles, experience using wireframe designs and other design visuals as part of content creation.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills, be experienced at self-directing one’s day-to-day priorities, while remaining flexible to urgencies
- Experience juggling many projects at once, identifying priorities, and adapting to a constantly changing business environment.
- Experience working with copy decks, approvals/sign offs and communicating with specific departments to deliver final content for implementation.
- Solid understanding of the web development cycle; experience working within an Agile framework preferred.
- Ability to quickly generate ideas, iterate through content, and deliver work within tight deadlines and often under pressure.
- Experience writing for the health care industry a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Creative Writing, Communications, Marketing or relevant field.
- Successful candidates will be required to pass a drug screen and background check.