Are we the right fit for you?
You will be working in an innovative environment where we embrace new technology. Intellectual curiosity, integrity, adaptability, and a passion for technology are the core values of our team. The UX team is still new at our client, which means lots of opportunities for professional growth! We’re looking for people who are excited to be a part of our growing our team and educating others about the importance of UX. As a general rule, talents, aptitude, and drive outweigh experience.
About the company
Our client is a global medical technology company focused on addressing many of the world's most pressing and evolving health needs. With our combined technology and expertise, we will become a global leader helping to transform the quality and cost of care for patients and clinicians worldwide. Join us in our mission to improve the future of healthcare and help all people lead healthy lives.
About the position
As a User Researcher, you will use your analytical skills to plan and conduct evaluative research (card sorting, tree testing, usability, heuristics, personas) and support user centered design research efforts (contextual inquiry, ethnography and data mining).
• Work with product owners to determine research needs and prioritize those needs to align with business goals and objectives.
• Use your knowledge of research methodologies, human factors, and user centered design for how to improve the usability of business applications.
• Proven ability to collaborate and work with designers, developers, product managers to formulate and address research questions
• Work with UX team to plan and execute user studies, develop success criteria, analyze results and provide recommendations in accordance with FDA and other regulatory guidance (where applicable)
• Work with UX team to establish methodologies and best practices
• Bachelors/Masters in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, or related field, or equivalent related experience
• 5+ years of relevant experience working as a researcher within a UX team
• Hands-on experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods
• Research experience with mobile devices
• Experience with lean UX methodology a plus
• Previous experience with healthcare a plus
• Ability to quickly learn and adapt in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment
• Strong communicator, who can comfortably present their research to team members and senior leaders
• Entrepreneurial spirit combined with corporate know-how
• Comfortable working in an agile development environment