Act as a forward-thinking project manager and marketer to provide administrative, marketing and client support to the Account Management team. Contribute to the management and prioritization of project workflows from scoping to final execution, ensuring that all project deliverables are executed on time, on budget and on strategy. Work in collaboration with other functional areas within Marriott Creative + Content Marketing to ensure efficiency and operational effectiveness.
The core accountabilities of this position include:
• Marketing Intelligence: Demonstrate understanding of integrated marketing communication strategy.
• Client Partnership: Work collaboratively with Account Managers and clients to deliver smart, successful, integrated communications strategies in support of business objectives.
• Project Management: Manage and monitor project workflows to execute client campaigns, marketing collateral and customer-facing content.
• Contribute knowledge of hotel business strategy, marketing communications insight and brand acumen to help Account Managers guide the development of sound, integrated creative communications solutions on behalf of assigned client across all channels (i.e. print, web, social, mobile, email and video).
• Help gather strategic business and user insights from clients to develop comprehensive project briefing documents, ensuring client alignment on objectives and enabling the team’s understanding of projects/assignments before work begins.
• Partner with Creative team to scope and shape concepts and executions (design and copy), positively influencing project outcomes, across channels.
• Work collaboratively with assigned clients to develop and implement integrated marketing communications strategies in support of business/program objective and brand and portfolio positioning.
• Operate as a liaison between project team members, clients and external/internal business partners.
• Strengthen client partnerships by applying project management expertise as well as marketing expertise and brand acumen to ensure that projects are executed on time, on budget and on strategy.
• Develop on-going dialog with clients and partners around present and future marketing communications plans, marketing and consumer trends and marketing best practices, with the goal to leverage marketing efforts and content to build loyal, engaged brand fans.
• Responsible for project estimating, scheduling, execution and tracking with help across internal departments.
• Monitor and track the deliverables and budgets for active projects and specific project deliverables. Communicate priorities, needs, challenges and opportunities as appropriate to other internal cross-functional team members.
• Communicate regularly with Account Managers and possibly clients on project status reports, meeting summaries, budget-versus-actual reports, etc.
• Work with Account Managers to present creative assets and other project deliverables, such creative concepts and copy, to obtain and convey client feedback.
CANDIDATE PROFILE - KEY TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED
• Requires 3+ years of work experience in marketing communications and/or advertising with at least 2 years as an account coordinator.
• Experience with brand marketing or agency client work preferred.
• Ability to partner with clients to develop relevant, effective marketing communications strategies—scoping projects in support of clients’ business objectives.
• A strong sense of copy/design best practices along with experience developing creative communications across multiple channels.
• Ability to succeed under pressure, working independently to managing multiple concurrent projects while shifting priorities and responding to changing business/client needs.
• Customer oriented with exceptional attention to detail, organizational and strong communication skills (written and verbal).
• Exceptional customer communications and relationship management skills
• Experience leading as a multi-functional project team (particularly with creative and print production and fulfillment colleagues) combined with a proven understanding of project estimating, scheduling and workflow trafficking.
• Expertise with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Education: Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or business required.