Aquent is currently searching for a UX Architect / Designer. This is an on-site 12month assignment with benefits - Medical, Dental & 401k.
The User Experience (UX) team is responsible for generating solutions that focus on customer needs, improving service quality and delivering on key business priorities. Functionally, UX works to increase engagement, reduce problems, uncover customer needs, add affordances and demonstrate the strength of the brand.
The User Experience Architect (UXA) is responsible for delivering human-centered design thinking services focused on complex customer activities within the financial services industry. UXAs work alongside other agency creatives, developers, content strategists, QA professionals, and project managers to provide unique solutions. In their daily work, UXAs provide a balance of the following: consultation, design ideation, task analysis, research analysis, observation, site mapping, web metrics analysis, specification creation, user testing, wireframing, storyboarding, sketching, flow modeling, digital prototyping, and presentation delivery.
As part of the UX team, the UXA is one of the company’s primary advocates for user needs. This specifically includes improving wayfinding, easing comprehension, and designing provisions to help customers take action. The UXA is most involved at the outset of a project—as user needs and business requirements are being analyzed and defined—but also plays a consultative role throughout, validating the execution of design plans, advocating for consistency, and helping set the stage for new customer experiences. Candidates must be comfortable with team based dynamics, ongoing collaboration and supporting the needs of larger teams in adaptive manner. The culmination of UX skills expected for this role will function to deliver recommendations and planning grounded in evidence-based findings, design research, and applied psychology.
Our client in-house agency that is responsible for a wide range of company-wide strategic customer-focused projects. The agency work covers every marketing channel and is rooted in our deep knowledge of its brand, and its diverse range of customers. They are uniquely positioned within the company to play a key role in helping strengthen the firm’s brand, nurture customer relationships, and improve the overall customer experience.
We place a premium on:
• Work samples that show evidence of design problem solving, UX strategy, and modeling of user needs
• Experience reviewing website analytics, setting up remote testing studies, observing and/or reviewing third-party qualitative findings, and applying them to improve user engagement and conversion
• Ability to interpret and synthesize research findings for project teams and leadership
• Financial institution or similar vertical subject matter expertise Background and essential
• BA/BFA in a related field
• 2+ years as a UX Architect or a related role, such as a UX Specialist, Design Researcher, Human Factors Specialist, or Human-Computer Interaction Specialist
• Proven ability to collaborate across disciplines, synthesize multichannel feedback, and present work effectively to clients
• Passion for refining and sharing subject matter expertise, knowledge, and best practices across teams and channels
• Experience working within a diversely skilled agency or research or marketing services environment where coordination between roles is imperative Nice to have:
• Ability to collaborate with business partners in the effective use of web analytics and user analysis to improve the user experience
• Understanding of testing methodologies and tools
• Understanding of information taxonomy, wayfinding, SEO, and methods to improve web performance and content authority
• Experience working within the constraints of content management systems, analytics systems, and tag management systems