As a Design Developer your role is to facilitate creative ideas and translate them into innovative technological solutions. You will have a thorough grounding in user experience best practices and also have the ability to identify/analyze current and future UX technology trends. As a valued member of the team, your responsibilities will include creating, presenting and delivering exceptional technological design solutions that exceed business and user expectations.
You will work across a wide variety of technologies to help drive user experiences that are not only creative but grounded in best practices, valid UI, technical proof-of-concepts, robust software architecture & solid design theory. The ideal candidate will also be well versed in the ideation, visual design & creation of interfaces across multiple device end-points, as well as being a highly skilled software developer and prototyper who is passionate about creating engaging experiences.
You need to have worked collaboratively with both Design and Development disciplines, to help integrate cutting-edge interface design within end products. You will know what it takes to technically converse with software development teams whilst also educating them on the importance and value of UX design.
You’ll be entrusted to craft technological solutions that help to drive the systematic UX design. You’re always hands-on and working with other designers, engineers and product managers. Your primary focus will be:
- Working alongside Visual and Interaction Designers to develop core patterns for the ecosystem
- Collaborate with Designers, Developers and PMs to translate designs into applicable code to run across multiple platforms
- Invent and contribute towards better tooling and/or processes to help improve integration of UX design patterns into product development
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience designing interactive web and mobile applications
- Proven experience with CSS pre-processors (like SASS, LESS)
- Knowledgeable about cross browser issues, and how to fix them
- Proven experience with touchscreen, cross-browser compatibility, fluid layouts and adaptive layouts
- Fluency in the principles of user-centered design methods, information architecture, usability, and interface/interaction design and a firm grasp of the wide range of UX tools, processes, and outcomes
- 3D (eg. Unity or Three.js) experience is a plus
- User focused & humble
- An enthusiasm for keeping up to date on current topics in the field to inspire and inform work and organizational culture
- Love challenging norms and standards
- Extreme attention to detail, driving for pixel perfection
- Good sense of humor