This is a 4 mos. on-site contract.
- Minimum of 3 years training experience
- Health care experience
- Background in teaching desired
- The trainer must be open to flexible hours as needed
The ideal candidate will have teaching experience as a school teacher at any level. The trainer facilitates staff training programs which enhance technical skills and promote clinical and professional development. Delivers classroom training, one-on-one training, and at-the-elbow user support for the full suite of appointment scheduling and electronic medical record applications used within the system.
- Graduation from accredited senior college with a degree in Computer Science, Training and Development, Business, Education, or Nursing.
- 3 year of experience in facilitation in a health care environment
- Experience in development and editing of instructional material
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Ideally experience as a school teacher
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact positively and productively with a variety of personnel within teams and across organizational lines
- Executive-level presence and comfortable providing training and support to clinicians and leaders
- Must be adaptable to change and able to function in a dynamic environment subject to impromptu changes in schedules and priorities
- Strong initiative and can establish personal goals and take responsibility for meeting them within defined timelines and with minimal supervisor assistance
- Provides one-on-one training and at-the-elbow support to users ensuring that the appointment scheduling staff are able to schedule appointment and complete documentation.
- Utilizes curriculum, lesson plan, and training materials created by instructional designers to provide technical training and orientation to clinical applications.
- Delivers classroom training for all guidelines and applications with a focus on those used in the contact center environment.
- Works collaboratively with other members of project and training team to assist in developing and maintaining the training program.
- Gathers user needs and technical support issues and acts as liaison to applications analysts and system administrators to ensure user issues are resolved.
- Assists in conducting training needs, task, and job analyses to develop technical training strategy.
- The trainer must be open to flexible hours as needed.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistance
Bending/Stooping - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Standing - Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Walking - Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)