The role of the Marketing Specialist is to support core and paid marketing programs and initiatives through campaign execution and tactical support within the Rewards team. These marketing initiatives are critical to the success of loyalty programs and their ability to influence our customers' perceptions and shopping behaviors both in store and online. This position works closely with our external email service provider (ESP), internal IT and circulation teams as well as our external creative Agency to coordinate and execute campaigns for Rewards and Business Rewards Plus members. These campaigns include communication of program status, benefits, and special offers.
Rewards is a successful customer loyalty program that drives incremental sales, and revenue for US Stores and Online division (USSO). The Business Rewards Plus program is the first paid membership program for the USSO division and was launched in 2016. Both programs are designed to maintain the most engaged customer population through special benefits, savings opportunities and drive the overall value proposition for customer retention.
• Execute efficiently and effectively on all customer communication campaigns. Build strong relationships and knowledge base with internal teams and vendor partners to ensure success.
• Communicate internally and externally and collaborate in all stages from planning to campaign deployment.
• Escalate issues that could impact timelines, other teams or budget.
• Coordinate across multiple projects and prioritize appropriately.
• Maintain all schedules, process and procedures associated with campaign execution (data, creative, etc.)
• Write creative briefs for external Agency, collect and provide feedback, proof all materials prior to deployment, approve campaigns.
• Assist with the management of current email service provider (ESP) relationship.
STRATEGY AND PLANNING
• Participate in planning sessions.
• Be knowledgeable of email best practices and identify areas for improvement and program growth.
• Generate campaign reporting
• Maintain archive of campaign results and key insights.
• Create and submit adhoc campaign analytics requests with internal partners.
Education / Experience: BA or BS required; 1-2 years work experience, could include internships/co-ops. Prior experience in marketing required. Email marketing experience preferred.
• Detail oriented, highly organized individual with strong project management skills.
• Ability to work well independently and within a team setting including across multiple internal teams.
• Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and aggressive timelines.
• Experience managing multiple deadlines at one time.
• Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
• Experience working with and managing agencies and/or vendors a plus.
Work Level: Moderate/Complex
Problem Complexity: Provides resolutions to an assortment of problems which are moderate to complex. The "what" is clearly stated, and the "how" is clearly defined by a set of standard processes and procedures.
Supervision / Empowerment: General Supervision.
• Manager defines performance expectations and outlines processes and general work instructions.
• The responsibilities of the job tends to dictate the priorities; May be responsible for proposing approach and solutions when priorities are shifted.
• Job functions executed with independence and limited oversight.
• Work evaluated upon completion of smaller tasks; project plans defined by Manager and reviewed regularly.