The client's Content Studio team, based in New York City, comprises nearly 50 editors, program managers, operations strategists and video and photo specialists. The team plans, creates, delivers and manages content across a wide variety of platforms, including text, voice, data, images and video.
They are seeking an experienced editor to top-edit and oversee quality control of content across a wide range of verticals while supporting data operations and team managers.
Successful candidates will be able to work well under deadline pressure and maintain a high level of quality while adhering to a well-defined editorial style. Candidates can expect a fast-paced, high-energy environment working on a team that delivers high-impact, dynamic content in a timely manner. Good communication skills and ease working in a content-management system are essential for this position.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilty
- Audit content created by vendor team
- Assist with crisis response efforts which would include auditing content and data management
- Assist content team with creating new forms of content
- BA/BS degree (Journalism, digital media or a related field)
- 2+ years experience creating and/or editing daily online content
- Candidate is technically savvy, comfortable working in a content-management system
- Working knowledge of Google Docs/spreadsheets
- Able to audit frequently changing content and provide actionable, timely feedback to editorial team
- Shows ability to manage and prioritize multiple work streams
- Can write succinctly, objectively and accurately and has headline-writing experience
- Demonstrates excellent editorial judgment
- Has ability to seamlessly jump from one topic and/or vertical to another
- Has strong analytical and critical-thinking skills
- Comfortable maintaining spreadsheets and coordinating data entry
- Can adjust to a tight, well-defined editorial style & tone of voice
Nice to have
- Previous experience providing actionable feedback
- Headline Writing experience