Our client, a well known non-profit in the D.C. area, is looking for a IA/UI Design Consultant that will create highly intuitive, elegant, user-centric design solutions for the Digital Strategy and Operations group. Designs will incorporate current best practices for usability, user engagement, responsive design, SEO, and optimized web page performance. The successful candidate will collaborate with staff, enterprise-wide stakeholders, content producers, and web developers to translate business needs and user goals into intuitive and engaging experiences. This is a fast-paced, iterative environment and employs an agile web development process.
* Work closely with visual designers to maintain UX/Visual integrity throughout projects
* Adjust and re-implement designs/prototypes based on feedback from appropriate stakeholders
* Design end-to-end user experience for multiple projects.
All Projects will require:
* Experience user flows
* Can analyze, and strategize user research
* Master creating wireframes
* Experience creating functional prototypes (consultant will use/provide software of choice)
* Detailed, annotated, functional requirements/specifications
* Work with product managers, program managers, and developers to estimate scope and establish priorities
* Work closely with developers to maintain functional integrity throughout implementation
* Base designs on established/approved templates and design styles, and avoid highly visual solutions in presentations.
* Provide portfolio/samples of professional work. (wires, visuals, process files etc)
* Proven experience of designing for a responsive environment
* Proven experience working in grids, bootstrap, percentages etc
* Up to date on current trends and software
* Understanding of working in an agile development environment
* Self-motivated with excellent presentation and written/oral communication skills
* Proven ability to work as part of a team, and proactive asking questions, etc
* Well organized and effective time management
* Experience creating wireframes in Axure, Sketch, illustrator, or other comparable software
* Provide weekly and monthly progress reports and attend weekly internal product meetings