We are seeking a passionate and analytical individual looking to contribute his/her skills and leadership to the Front End Engineering team. The Sr. Front End Engineer I is responsible for creating single page apps, while working closely with, and providing support to, front end developers, software (API) engineers, designers, and product owners. They will play a large role in assessing needs and available technology, and helping guide the direction for the front end team, as well as representing the front end discipline to the rest of the organization. He/she will be expected to help mentor other engineers as well as maintain and assist in review of the front end team’s code.
- Develop mobile-first, single page apps using Ember.js for use on various devices and in various environments.
- Provide support to the rest of the web development team by converting mockups and wireframes into clean, easy to maintain, and reusable components (using Ember.js).
- Validate / test for 508 compliancy and cross-browser/platform/device compatibility.
- Write clean, maintainable, and reusable code that adheres to code standards
- Assist with discovery and diagnoses of bugs. Help develop solutions to fix bugs and mitigate the chance future bugs
- Recommend possible improvements in components and code libraries
- Mentor and assist other Front End Engineers
- Communicate directly with business/product owners
- Participate in Front End and scrum team meetings
- Maintains code libraries and documents technical specs
- Represent the front end team in architecture meetings and solutions for the organization
- Research solutions
- Participate in code standards and lead code reviews
- Help plan and set the course for upcoming projects