We are hiring a Marketing Graphic Designer for our retail team in downtown Portland! The marketing team is responsible for all of the creative concepts, art direction for all photo shoots including lifestyle and product shoots, and all consumer facing marketing assets which includes website, in store graphics, tradeshow materials and advertisements.
The team is in need of help to support the wholesale and ecommerce marketing teams; however the bulk of the support will be for the wholesale needs and customers such as REI, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Zappos, Cabelas, etc. The Marketing Graphic needs can include digital banners, in store graphics, brand education books, back room posters, wholesale emails, social media postings, photo retouching, and digital animation (GIF)
- 4 to 6 years of experience in graphic and marketing design and production
- Bachelors in related field such as Graphic Design, Digital Marketing
- High functioning skill level with Adobe Creative Suite – specifically InDesign and Photoshop
- Ideally have some experience with video editing or interactive elements using Adobe After Effects or Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Must have a strong understanding of digital and social media marketing and campaigns3
Wholesale Skills Needed Include:
- In store set ups and images
- Digital shop headers
- Printed ads
- Brand education books
- Brand education posters
- Wholesale emails
- Social post designs
- Retouch needs
E-comm and Social Media Skilled Needed Include:
- Retouch needs
- GIF creation needs
- Animation/Illustration (preferred)
- Video Edition (preferred)
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Previous creative agency experience
- Previous apparel, lifestyle brand or footwear industry experience or passion for
- Interest or passion for the fashion! The marketing as a premium, lifestyle brand. Separate from the brand identity. Additionally they are moving away from just outdoor boots and snow style to market more of a year round brand. Someone with a passion for fashion, an eye for style and an interest in the marketing of such an industry would be ideal!
- This position is PART TIME at 16 hours per week on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Briefs come in all throughout the week but the brunt of the work happens on Mondays and Tuesdays and that is when the bulk of the team is in the office.
- 8 hours on Mondays and Tuesdays
- Contract is for 3 months but there is potential for the contract to be extended if the workload stays consistent and this person performs well.
- It could potentially become more than 2 days a week as well. IF they are a rockstar, performing well, knocking things out. Ideally they want to have a FT spot next year but that is not in the works/approved yet.