One of our valued clients is seeking a Technical Writer for a long term role in Clovis, CA.
The Technical Writer will generate documentation related to the installation, configuration, and maintenance of video security and surveillance products.
• Write user and technical documentation for process automation products, including user guides for technical audiences, online help, Release Notes, and Product Specifications.
• Work independently on a project basis, interacting with developers, testers, project managers, support staff, and other SMEs.
• Conduct interviews with various technical subject matter experts to gather information.
• Research and translate technical information into user-oriented information for non-technical and technical audiences.
• Publish user documentation in a variety of online and printed formats.
Required Skills / Experience:
• Minimum of 3 years of related experience.
• Experience authoring technical publications for highly technical and complex products.
• Experience working with complex network products, video delivery products, and/or software for technical audiences is preferred.
• Must have experience with Structured FrameMaker (DITA).
• Experience with other tools used in this environment, including Acrobat Professional, Adobe Creative Suite, Word, Excel, DITA, SVN, JIRA is helpful.
• Must have experience collaborating with other users in a content management system.
• Experience working on a dispersed, multi-cultural team helpful.
• Experience writing in an agile development environment is a plus.
The successful applicant will be competent in a broad range of technical skills be able to work as part of a team, and participate in review meetings. Candidates for this position are capable of working efficiently, effectively, and with minimal supervision.
• Degree in Computer Science, English, Technical Writing or related subject.
• Demonstrate strong individual writing skills and understand fundamental content management/organization principles.
• Ability to learn quickly and on-the-fly.
• Experience working in a technical and engineering-based company preferred.
• Able to work alone to produce accurate and on-time deliverables with the minimum of supervision.
• Continuous self-improvement and maintenance of skills through training.