We are looking for a profoundly engaged experience designer to a growing digital customer experience team with a global banking and financial client in NYC. In this role, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of designers, planners and researchers committed to designing the future of banking.
- This role requires a deep understanding of experience design for digital products (web & mobile platforms) and services of all kinds, sizes, shapes and contexts.
- Sr. UX Designer helps set the direction, vision, and methodology for a growing team in our San Francisco, New York, and Wilmington studios and set the bar for quality by example, with energy and passion.
- The role require a strong POV on design, hands-on creation of experiences, developing strategies for implementation within a complex ecosystem and building meaningful relationships within the organization.
- This role is a perfect fit for a creative thinker who can present ideas clearly and articulately and who is excited by opportunities to solve complex problems.
Required experience & technical skills:
- 5+ years of solid hands-on professional UX product design experience
- Proven understanding of responsive web & mobile application design and wireframe development
- A balanced understanding of strategy, research, interaction and visual design is a must.
- Proficient in the Design Tools, Illustrator and Sketch. In addition having experience designing prototypes, Axure or equivalent, is a plus.
Behavioral and Interpersonal:
- Ability to synthesize complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing needs
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented, cross-functional environment
- Ability to influence others and provide thought leadership on design
- Actively listens, hears and understands what is said and not said, and with nuanced comprehension of meaning and intent
- Team work: Develops and sustains effective and cooperative working relationships with peers, managers and other internal or external stakeholders
- Flexibility/adaptability (ability to change direction based upon team and stakeholder consensus)
- A user-centric view is paramount while providing simple, fun, and innovatively enriching digital experiences for our customers. You will be working in a fast-paced environment alongside our design systems, graphic, architecture, product and engineering teams to deliver new experiences through effective artifacts (from Customer Journeys & Ecosystem Maps to Participatory Design Prototypes & Wireframes).
- Finally, you are a customer experience advocate, excited about improving our customer’s lives through simple, intelligent and enriching products and experiences.