- SeaTac, WA
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Danielle Marchant
Our client is looking for a Sr User Experience Researcher to help out the e-commerce team see the world from the customers’ perspective. They are looking for a strong UX Researcher to help establish best research practice. As a Sr User Experience Researcher, you will be responsible for planning, defining, conducting and synthesizing research efforts to inform the strategy and design for our $3 billion, multi-channel e-commerce business. You’ll work across several product teams, partnering with designers, product managers and other functions in the delivery of high-performing user experiences for the website,mobile apps, and kiosks. PLEASE NOTE: This person will need to have strong generative research skills along with usability testing. This position requires someone with teaching and/or workshop presentation skills as they will be mentoring junior researchers.
- Conduct research activities, including interviews, contextual inquiries, field visits, prototype evaluations and more, focused on understanding our customers and their behaviors and motivations.
- Create generative research plans, identifying goals, developing participant screeners and writing discussion guides.
- Synthesize insights into actionable insights and guidance: persona's, journey maps, mental models, usability reports, etc. for shared and future use. Balance the level of detail for documentation with time.
- Assist in building our study archiving system, research library and study in-take process
- Advocate for usability, accessibility and good user experience design throughout the product development process.
- Present to diverse audiences including e-commerce team members and executives in an easy to understand way, leveraging best practices of storytelling.
- Lead UX design team members and project stakeholders in incorporating research findings into projects.
- Work with our analytics team to align and complement qualitative and quantitative efforts and insight.
- Partner with A/B testing analyst to generate and prioritize test ideas and make recommendations.
- Conduct workshops about user research and user centered design
- Present research insights in a digestible story at different levels of depth depending on the audience.
Our client is the seventh-largest U.S. airline based on passenger traffic and is one of the most popular U.S. West Coast air carriers. Headquartered in Seattle, our client carries more passengers between the state of Alaska and the Lower 48 than any other airline. The airline has expanded significantly to serve several U.S. East Coast and Southern states including Nashville, Charlotte and Raleigh/Durham and will begin flying to Costa Rica.
- Master’s degree in behavioral science, human factors, psychology, or design preferred.
- 8+ years in related field preferred.
- Experience with conducting generative research, site and field visits
- Experience with Usertesting.com, Foresee or other customer insight tools preferred.
- Experience working on large consumer-facing projects preferred
- Experience integrating research into Lean UX and agile product development.
- Understand pros and cons of different research approaches, including when and how to apply them during different phases of design.
- Ability to manage multiple research efforts simultaneously.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.