Beauty company in NYC is looking for a Copywriter to create all content for e-com and social/digital. In addition to a deep understanding of digital content strategy, the ideal candidate will geek out on the written word, thrive under crazy deadlines and approach every assignment with a can-do attitude. If storytelling and pithy prose are your thing, this is the job for you.
Online & Social/Digital
- Develop all content for .com, microsites and retailer.com sites, and ensure that it meets brand style, tone and marketing messaging requirements.
- Write new product launch, product repromote and CRM emails and subject lines for .com.
- All copy for social media including Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Digital advertising.
- Concept and storyboard videos; write VOs.
- Collaborate with Education & Artistry teams to generate artistry- and editorially-driven content, tips and how tos.
· Partner across departments to brainstorm and develop new product names, benefit claims and usage.
· Attend cross-functional meetings and new product launch meetings to understand marketing and messaging objectives.
· Edit copy from Public Relations, Education, Artistry and Events teams to ensure consistency in brand voice.
- Preserve the brand voice in all areas.
- Awareness and understanding of the competitive retail marketplace.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong understanding of beauty marketplace, particularly in the online and digital spaces.
- Experience writing about products, paying attention to tone, context and consistency.
- Highly collaborative and able to work across departments including creative department.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with a high level of detail and incredibly tight deadlines.
- 5+ years of writing experience in related fields.
- BA in Journalism or Communications preferred.
- Beauty brand or beauty editorial experience.