- Palo Alto, CA
- Job Terms:
- up to $99/hour
- posted by:
- Lisa Vaughn-Olstad
As a Senior Designer in this assignment, you’ll be responsible for the look, feel, and architecture of one or more client products, working across on-device user interface, mobile app, and web. You will be part of the team that drive the design for systematic and innovative product features. Your team members combine great visual sense with a deep understanding of the subtle nuance that makes a complex product feel simple and intuitive.
The client's products span the physical and digital worlds and, in addition to classic graphical user interface, use sensors, motion, audio, and AI to define the next generation of interaction. You should have an inspiring portfolio, great design sense, a love for complex problems, and the ability to clearly articulate how a product should work both in software and in the physical world. The team strives to create products that people love to use and welcome into their home.
- Strategize, brainstorm and define key features for one or more products
- Translate abstract ideas and requirements into tangible and beautiful design deliverables
- Help to invent a modern and elegant visual language that spans devices
- Integrate user feedback and business requirements
- Advocate for changes, refinements, and ongoing improvements
- Consciously and exhaustively craft detailed use cases and contingencies
- Create production-ready assets that use all the capabilities of the latest industry technology
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Author, iterate, and maintain documentation including storyboards, flows, architecture, mockups, prototypes, animations, etc.
- Collaborate closely with cross-disciplinary teams of engineers, product managers and marketing
- Socialize and represent key deliverables to leadership for direction setting.
- BFA, BA, or BS degree in design or a related discipline
- 5+ years work experience as a designer working on shippable products
- 5+ years experience with Adobe Creative Suite and similar tools
- 5+ years experience designing interactions for physical products
- Experience working closely with engineers and product on technical projects
- Relevant experience in designing for iOS, Android and/or Web applications.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Ability to distill complex processes into simple, clear, user interactions
- Excellent visual standards and obsessive attention to detail
- Strong technical understanding
- Excellent written communication & documentation skills
- Anticipates issues at a macro and micro level concurrently
- High organization and efficiency working with multiple projects to meet tight deadlines
- Strong leadership when collaborating with design, engineering, product and marketing
Aquent's client is an American multinational technology company specializing in Internet-related services and products.
***Background check is required for this position.***
***Please ensure FULL LEGAL NAME is noted on resume along with a PORTFOLIO LINK if applicable.***
***Assignment could start earlier if right candidate is identified.***