Project Manager / Workflow Manager
Our large financial services client located in Columbus, OH is looking for a junior-level Project Manager for a contract assignment, full-time, onsite. The assignment is set to last through the end of the year with potential for extension.
The Workflow Manager is a member of the Translations Services Team. This team's core objective is improving customers' in-language experiences by ensuring that all translations are clear, consistent, credible, and reflect the company's brand through language and tone of voice. The Workflow Manager is responsible for intake through delivery of all translations requests in support of our internal customers’ needs across the firm. This role works closely with the Workflow Operations Manager, Vendor Ops and Process Manager, and reports to the Head of Translations, and supports requestors to ensure requests are complete, accurately processed, managed and delivered on time. This role will also ensure quality intake review, operational oversight of requests (end-to-end), a simplified and satisfying customer experience, and clear expectation management and issues management throughout the duration of the project. In addition, this role will support adherence to process and controls requirements. The desired candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment, have excellent process, organizational, technical, and problem-solving skills, juggle multiple priorities, with the added analytical ability to drive continuous improvement, escalate issues when needed and have excellent customer communication skills.
• Processes daily translations work requests, conducting proper assessment of needs and requirements to satisfy successful intake and timely delivery, consistent with SLAs.
• Analyzes requests for accurate business requirements, cross-team, cross-business and vendor impacts, as well as requirement gaps for complete submission.
• Manages vendor engagement of requests and deliveries through a secure portal, closely managing timely and accurate fulfillment.
• Leads triage activities to assess impacts with cross-organizational partners, translators and vendors, in partnership with the Workflow Operations Manager and Head of Translations
• Manages customer experience for all translations requests in progress to ensure clear understanding of requestor requirements/actions, quality delivery timelines, cost estimates, and timely reconciliation of quality disputes.
• Mindset for continuous improvement in support of a simplified customer experience.
• Provides oversight/analysis of request details and SLA guidelines to determine delivery date assignment.
• Manages incoming inquiries and ongoing customer questions about the process, including request in process and onboarding new requestors to set expectations and build understanding for the process, cost, and timelines.
• Manages high volumes of incoming requests and outgoing deliveries using various workflow tools (SharePoint/InStream/Vendor Systems.)
• Develops a broad understanding of Lines of Business routine translations needs and helps support strategies to optimize learning and support.
• Ensures a robust Controls environment for service delivery, capacity planning and analysis.
• Supports a culture of continuous process adherence, process improvement and Audit readiness, including evergreen process and training documentation, process and Controls documentation (KPIs), in partnership with Workflow Operations Manager and Vendor Ops and Process Manager.
• Supplements other Workflow Managers as needed to support inflow and outflow spikes, consistent with SLAs
• Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3 years’ analytical, operational management, project management, and/or process improvement work experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, teaming and problem-solving skills
• Self-motivated and detail-oriented, with a strong mindset for continuous improvement, simplification, automation, and a natural curiosity to understand the end-to-end processes and customer experience
• Ability to thrive in a fast-faced environment with a keen understanding of cross-organizational impacts to predict and mitigate downstream issues/delays
• Ability to contribute to operational analysis and reporting
• Effective time management skills and ability to use judgment on prioritizing tasks
• Excellent MS PowerPoint, Excel, Access skills
• SharePoint, iGraphics and Instream experience a plus