- Mississauga, Ontario
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Suzy Thompson
Assignment with potential for extension or perm with Fortune 500 Tech company in Mississauga!
Senior Visual Designer
The Senior Visual Designer works to establish and drive creative solutions to customer problems in line with our brand vision. In this role, you will report to the design lead and drive the creation of visual designs of our key marketing initiatives delivered through all our marketing channels.
You should have experience in delivery high design quality brand campaigns through several marketing channels (email, newsletters, landing pages, online banner advertising, video, etc.)
Do you describe yourself as….?
- Passionate about branding
- Apply strategic thinking to design and deliver innovative user experiences across all of our marketing channels (newsletters, emails, online advertising banners, landing pages,
- Deliver strong branded designs from concept to completion, conveying our value proposition in exciting compelling brand campaigns
- Create great visual designs across all marketing channels, ensuring quality and consistency of the visual story
- Turn visions into concepts and translate those concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity, despite complexity of the system
- Collaborate with marketers, product developers, researchers and other team members
- Provide guidance and ensure visual consistency that reflects the highest standards of design quality
- Ensure the layout, visual composition, and user flows are sympathetic to end to end experience
- Create great visual designs that bring campaign concepts & direction to life consistent with the brand guidelines & visual design system
- Document visual design decisions, process and learnings for consumption by the broader design studio team, as well as key partner teams
- Support designs, vision demos, and prototypes, which establish and concepts, brand narratives, and experience value propositions
- Ability to understand & solve for customer problems from an overall end to end experience
- Ability to take complex concepts to visualize and articulate them into clear & compelling ideas, designs and actionable tasks for internal leaders, partners and customers
- Use facilitative leadership skills to drive to the best outcome for stakeholders, resulting in others learning from you, and inspiring others to want to work with you
- Ability to work in an Agile & experiment driven environment
- Strong brand experience. Must have worked on campaigns delivering on multiple marketing online channels (online advertising, landing pages, newsletters, etc.)
- Highly conceptual with an ability to deliver compelling concepts & designs with speed.
- Strong understanding & background on branding and communication.
- Excellent understanding of atomic grids, layouts, typography, design systems & ability to use all of these design tools to deliver compelling finish design outputs.
- Outstanding proficiency in all visual design & prototyping tools
- Online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions for web and mobile applications
- 5+ years of design experience delivering in product & services
- Possesses leadership attributes
- Passionate about customer centric experimentations
- Great collaborator
- Ability to contribute across disciplines
- Ability to mentor junior visual designers
- Passionate about design, technology & trends with an eye towards the future
- A strong, well-rounded designer
- Effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator.
Nice to have
- Axure, Flinto, Principle
- After effects, Premier
WORKING WITH AQUENT: freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)