Our client is a large financial institution in Manhattan, NYC and they are looking for an experienced UX Writer/Editor for a 12 to 18 month contract. This contract role is 40 hours a week and health benefits and 401K are offered.
The User Experience team is seeking an experienced UX Writer/Editor with financial services brokerage experience and knowledge of investment products to work web and mobile projects. The UX Writer/Editor is responsible for creating online content for web and/or mobile usage that is consistent with brand standards as well as established industry best practices – all contributing to a world-class customer experience. The UX Writer/Editor must be able to balance working on various projects (with a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the overall experience the various sites need to convey). The UX Writer/Editor will collaborate with the other UX designers working on a project - including the UX Interaction Designer and UX Visual Designer - to define the content that’s needed, and then refine said content through stakeholder feedback, legal and compliance reviews and usability testing. UX Writer/Editor candidates should demonstrate experience writing for financial web sites as well as proficiency in user centered design and best practices in web content for both unauthenticated (public) sales sites as well as client site (authenticated) content. Attention to design detail and overall brand awareness are requirements as well as a strong understanding of managing business and customer needs. UX Writer/Editor candidates should be able to present the overall editorial work and interaction concepts to broader audience with a demonstrated knowledge of financial services and products.
Must have skills for UX Writer/Editor:
• Must have knowledge of financial services, specific to the brokerage industry and be conversant in writing for investment products and services.
• The User Experience Writer/Editor is responsible for creating online/mobile content that is consistent with brand standards as well as established industry best practices. The Mobile Content Writer/Editor will collaborate with the UX design team and stakeholders working on projects, and should be able to edit content originating from multiple sources to ensure consistency with internal standards and guidelines - including tone, style, legal requirements and brand compliance.
• Exceptional attention to detail with respect to editing and testing content.
• Ability to develop high-quality creative copy and concepts.
• Experience working with interaction designers, visual designers and usability engineers, and an understanding of other team members’ deliverables and processes within a user-centered design model
• Familiarity with gathering customer research and insights, and/or developing test plans to aid in the design and presentation process
• Excellent interpersonal communication, problem-solving and issue-resolution skills
• Top-notch communication, project management and presentation skills
Detailed knowledge of word processing tools. Familiarity with design and development tools also preferred. Must be proficient with Adobe InDesign, Creative Suite 6/Creative Cloud, Axure