Our Fortune 500 financial service client is looking for an organized and energetic Assistant Event Management Specialist to join their team in SanFrancisco. This is a part time, 6-month opportunity that must be on site. Our client is a global wealth management leader that delivers the highest quality advice, service, capabilities and products to ultra high net worth individuals and families in 36 countries. This role will be approximately a 20-hour work-week with flexible work hours as well as the opportunity to extend hours after the first 6 months.
In this role you will simultaneously manage and execute multiple events of varying sizes at any one time. Excellent project management and coordinating skills are essential as is the ability to define, conceptualize and execute a successful event. The ideal candidate should possess both judgment and experience to successfully accomplish tasks with limited direct supervision. The individual will apply well-honed skills and adapt procedures, processes and techniques to the completion of assignments.
• Manage and track event marketing budget to promote company products and services to the target audience with a strong focus on ROI.
• Simultaneously manage and execute multiple events of varying sizes at any one time.
• Poses project management and coordinating skills are essential as is the ability to define, conceptualize and execute a successful event.
• Develop solid relationships with top industry organizations to secure sponsorships and speaking engagements to maximize company exposure, promote clients products and services, and drive bottom-line results.
• Act as consultant and liaison to Marketing and Sales divisions on eventstrategy, budget, and execution for revenue-driving events.
• Post-event tracking and ROI analysis to help measure the company’s marketing initiatives and to improve future performance
• Assist, tend to, and anticipate guest needs
• Oversee Client Center’s daily meetings and events
• Work closely with J.P Morgan internal partners including the kitchen, security team, audio visual team, events team and facility teams.
• Oversee and co-manage the EMS reservation books
• Various administrative tasks such as: invoice processing, answering phone calls, scheduling maintenance calls with vendors, and order supplies among others
• 18- 20 hours work week with flexibility to work overtime as needed
• Bachelor degree required plus 1-2 years of administrative and/or hospitality experience
• Excellent interpersonal, organizing, planning, and communication skills
• Excellent project management/coordinating skills are essential as is the ability to define, conceptualize and execute a successful event
• Strong knowledge of e.g. EMR Reservation Tool, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Basic experience such as maintaining files and records, proofreading, coordinating conference room assignments, confirming appointments and/or maintaining calendars