Our client is looking for someone to join the team as an Editor who can source and edit photos in a fast-paced breaking news environment! They need someone who can work efficiently and effectively to make strong image decisions that will elevate our stories and engage our readers across all digital platforms.
- Minimum 2-3 years working in online digital news.
- Individual must have high initiative, be positive, detail oriented, be adaptive and receptive to change, work well under pressure within tight deadlines and be capable of working autonomously.
- In-depth knowledge of business news, technology, politics and current events.
- Thorough understanding of image rights and image licensing.
- Intermediate to advance photography skills to shoot internal and external projects when necessary.
- Advanced skills in a Mac production environment and server system, with all related software and basic file management and organization skills, keyboard shortcuts, etc.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Suite, particularly PS6 and Lightroom 4
- Maintain accuracy and quality control of caption and credit information to be published.
- Ensure image rights and licensing are cleared for publication.
- Ensure website imagery is fresh, current and non-repetitive.
- Flexibility to work alternate shifts and occasional weekend coverage.
- Thoroughly understand and maintain adherence to department procedures and processes.
- Keep Digital Asset Management database updated with relevant information including meta data, keywords, captions, credits and more as required by each title.
- Photograph headshots of staff, stock photography and internal photo projects as required.
- Photoshop-Adobe (Mac)- color-correction, cropping, masks