The Director of TV Ad Sales Research is a leadership position within the Ad Sales Research team that plays a critical and key strategic role as a collaborator and partner with Ad Sales and Marketing. This position will help create data-driven insights that support the Ad Sales team in proving that, our client has the most effective advertising vehicles for reaching advertisers' objectives. Reporting to the VP of Ad Sales Research, this individual will work on delivering narratives using syndicated and primary research tools while holding a proficiency at measurement and impact methodologies specifically for Television.
What will you be doing?
- Manages staff to include hiring and on-going training and development of staff, providing guidance, coaching and feedback, performance management and day to day oversight of projects including directing, assigning and prioritizing work.
- Self-starter who takes ownership over projects from inception to dissemination
- Adept at presenting research through storytelling to clients for new and existing clients.
- Well-versed in methodological questions on TV measurement and has solid footing on cross-platform methodologies as well.
- Detail oriented with ability to scale and move quickly to drive results/action
- Obtains and allocates resources to meet operating plans.
- Builds and enhances key relationships with internal contacts and external relationships with research firms and providers of data.
Qualifications: What do we require from you?
- 7-8+ years of TV and cross-platform research experience and relevant software applications.
- 3+ years of prior experience managing people required.
- Bachelor's degree required; masters or graduate degree highly desirable. Communications, media, marketing or mathematics degree preferred.
- Experience with linear and digital performance research, strong knowledge TV products including Nielsen and related software systems required i.e.: Nielsen Suite (NPower, AdViews, Buyer Insights, Catalina Solutions, etc, Star Trak, NMI, NBI), MRI, IMS Clear Decisions.
- Able to read and interpret comScore reporting and be familiar with digital metrics including Adobe.
- Strong knowledge of media industry.
- Possess a solid understanding of the research procedures, concepts and capabilities; intermediate statistical analysis and demonstrated experience in how they are used in Research.
- Proven ability to design and implement custom primary research studies.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills with expert Excel knowledge (e.g. complex calculations, pivot tables, macros, graphs/charts/tables).
- Expert with report automation techniques. - Experience in databases and dashboard reporting tools such as Tableau.
- Possesses strong problem solving skills with the ability to explain the logic behind their solutions in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to present insights and recommendations persuasively, in a compelling, easy to understand manner.