- The Woodlands
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Crystal Pettibone
The UX Visual Designer will be an integral part of the Mobility and Design team and will work closely with UX Researchers & Designers, as well as with Mobile and Web Developers in order to deliver superior applications for web, mobile and desktop applications. The ideal candidate has a passion for creating user-friendly and visually-captivating user experiences and has a great portfolio with recent mobile work to show. You must have a portfolio that demonstrates pixel-perfect attention to detail, mastery of color/type/gestalt, and ability to execute designs across multiple screen sizes responsively. This is much more consumer-level app visual design than enterprise corporate apps.
• Must be strong in both Visual and Interaction Design (wireframing, prototyping and killer design chops!)
• Must have strong examples of typography, color theory, and mobile design in portfolio and have experience working with iOS platform and with responsive web sites
• Participate in and lead highly collaborative design workshops and requirements gathering sessions with business and technology partners
• Visualize ideas using professional design tools as well as sticky notes, sketch boards, white-board markers or whatever tools are necessary to rapidly work through research and ideation and move to the next stage
• Drive the design of next generation, navigation schemes, design patterns, components and templates across the company’s applications, insuring a consistent, appealing, intuitive user experience.
• As you move from concepts to more detailed designs, create low and high fidelity prototypes that allow you to collaborate and quickly iterate ideas with the project team and get designs in front of end-users for validation.
• Create final design documentation. At times Lean UX can be applied and at times you may need to be heavier on the documentation. Deliverables might include prototypes, wireframes, flow diagrams, constellation maps, detailed design specs, style guides.
• Identify gaps between the current and the ideal user experience. Continuously challenge the effectiveness of design, recommending changes, as appropriate.
Aquent is the world's largest and most prestigious staffing firm specializing in the creative and marketing field. We place our Talent in contract engagements ranging from 2 days to 2+ years. We offer the industry's best benefits - medical, dental and vision benefits are available to you after just 30 days and after 90 days you are free to participate in our 401k plan. We also offer an outstanding referral bonus program where you can earn cash just for knowing and referring talented friends!
• 5+ years of Visual Design/UI experience serving as a key member of the UX team through the product development lifecycle of several successfully launched web, mobile, kiosk or desktop applications.
• Experience working with cross functional teams within large, complex, corporate environment
• Ability and desire to adapt design tools and methodologies to a fit for purpose UCD approach to align with various development practices, project sizes and scopes, and UX maturity across organizations.
• A team player who wants to collaborate and share the white-board marker with non-designers
• Strong ability to communicate your design, defend your design decisions, and respond quickly to business needs
• Extremely detail oriented, flexible to change, high tolerance for ambiguity and self-motivated
• Advanced understanding of user-centered design methods and best practice
• BA/BS or equivalent work experience