In this role you will plan and execute tradeshows and related events associated with biotechnology and life science industry conferences. Your daily responsibilities will include working closely with segment specific Marketing Program Managers to identify tradeshow goals and content, along with promoting and coordinating all event logistics. You will utilize exceptional project management skills to manage pre-show planning and communications and post-show follow-up, ensuring all stakeholders are working together to deliver a high-quality event.
- Oversee production and execution of tradeshows hosted in the US, Canada, and Latin America, from large conferences to smaller sponsorships.
- Assist Marketing Program Manager in the definition and creation of show goals to ensure success.
- Serve as tradeshow project manager. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Pre-show consultation and planning, venue selection, event flow, promotion and communication, printing and shipping, budget management, related travel arrangements, staffing, show follow-up and reporting, etc.
- On-site duties include ensuring proper set-up, venue arrangements, and vendor coordination.
- Manage tradeshow calendar, project timelines, and budget.
- Expertly drive pre-show planning meetings, including ownership of planning documentation.
- Build and distribute regular pre-show status reports and post-show summary report.
- Work closely with marketing, sales, and product teams to achieve business goals.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in tradeshow management.
- 3+ years executing trade shows and events within a marketing department required
- Experience in marketing B2B technology products or services preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or relevant field of study.
- Demonstrated success in tradeshow management and project management.
- A willingness to travel (30%) and ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
- Cvent registration site building experience preferred.
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and proven success delivering measurable marketing results.
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables.
- Skilled negotiator with proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.