Our Fortune 100 Financial Services client is looking to hire a Visual Designer to help support the Digital Design team.
As a Visual Designer in the Digital Design group, you will contribute to the user experience strategy by collaborating with studio leads and producers to manage visual design activities for online properties.
As part of the discovery and design process you will:
Act as a key player in the design execution process on projects, assuming responsibility for the overall visual design strategy and execution.
Collaborate with program, product, studio and project managers to gather creative requirements and integrate business objectives with customer needs.
Collaborate and lead vendors to successfully deliver all visual design activities within design execution phase.
Determine and recommend the appropriate user-centered design methods, tools, deliverables, and milestones in order to design optimal solutions considering tablet, mobile, and desktop. Some of the methods include the development of design concepts, visual design presentation on creative execution, mock-ups, style guides, mood boards, technical specs and delivering graphical assets.
Represent as the main visual design point of contact with clients and partners, escalating and resolving issues as necessary for both projects and larger platform initiatives.
Ensure that solutions follow internal standards as well as industry best practices.
Well organization skill to streamline work flow and connect the dots between projects by consulting within design team.
· Identify area of opportunity to advance visual design by working with studio lead and visual design manager.
· Articulate visual design activities and forecast with project team and producers.
Hands-on on project work as a visual designer.
· Collaborate with project team on creating visual design solution.
· Create design "options."
· Articulate the pros and cons of each design option.
· Acts as visual design liaison with business partners, clients and agency.
· Educate partners on brand standards; identify design deviation from brand standards and making visual design decisions by working with the digital design group.
· Ensure the design supports the overall strategy and champion for best user experience.
Locations: San Francisco, CA or Oakland, CA
· 5+ years experience in communications, human factors, information sciences, graphic and visual arts
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills to present to project team.
- Visually / graphically fluent with highly creative, brand building experience.
- Experience designing in new and emerging digital media.
- Demonstrated ability to create visual consistency of design, look and feel, style guides, and production across all marketing assets.
- Great attention to detail.
- Mobile Design Experience
- Champion quality, standards, user-centered design and the customer.
- Excellent client facing skills, able to discuss, listen, defend and persuade.
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large print or digital production is a must.
- BS, BFA, or BA major in design, graphic design, art direction, or industrial design preferred.