What if your job description were simply "make tomorrow better?" That's the essence of roles within our Team. We bring an insatiable curiosity to the table every single day, challenging ourselves to reimagine what is and what can be. We build on what's come before to create what's next. We drive machine intelligence to help shape the future. We empower billions of people around the globe.
If you’ve been working on code recently, you know there’s nothing more important than good, up-to-date docs packed with samples and clear steps to help you lower cortisol levels and ship awesome work. Now, engineers like to write code, but there’s a select few that do and then share their experiences with everyone else - growing their community and making everyone’s lives a bit easier.
Does this describe you to a T? If so, our team is looking for a Programmer Writer to help us build our developer documentation.
As a Programmer Writer on our team, you are right on the front line as a technical authority in AI. You will help craft an exciting developer offering, then work with our developer community to help integrate their abilities as skills for our products. You will learn and use our AI assets to aid partnerships and generate developer excitement. You will create a future where people can do more with AI help.
- Can develop apps and microservices in C# and Node.JS.
- Are familiar with Markdown.
- Have an understanding of digital assistants, such as Microsoft's Cortana, Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, and have even written code for their platforms.
- Have experience around natural language understanding and conversational design
- Have effective (read: clear and understandable) writing skills.
- Learn new technologies and platforms quickly.
- Actively identify issues that impede success and provide recommendations to fix them.
- Have strong developer empathy - you can put yourself in the customer’s shoes. Anything else is gravy.
On this team, you'll:
- Build great content that demonstrates the breadth and depth, using Git-based sources and Markdown.
- Work with your peers in product engineering and business development to document customer scenarios across multiple media platforms.
- Craft detailed and graphically rich content that steps users through common scenarios, while providing answers for less common ones.
- Build canonical samples that demonstrate our code to developers.
- Detail design guidelines and methodologies that help developers create amazing skills.
- Identify and address actionable customer and partner feedback.
- Track performance metrics for key content properties and investments.
- Coordinate with peer content developers to help tell the new developer story.
Required Basic Qualifications:
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar degree (equivalent work experience is acceptable).
- Experience writing code in a modern programming language (C# and Node.JS ideal; ASP.NET is a good alternative; Python knowledge is preferred)
- Experience with participating in technical communities and direct user communication channels (e.g. Stack Overflow, GitHub).
- Familiarity with cloud app and/or service development.
- Strong English language writing skills.
- Manages confidentiality without exception.
- Experience in/knowledge of web search, web APIs, and/or bot framework is a strong plus