- Chicago, IL
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Danielle Marchant
Our client is a Seattle-based Coffeehouse chain that is looking for a Store Design Manager with 5-10 years experience who will contribute to the success by producing outstanding store designs for a regional market. This person should be able to effectively leverage organizational skills to accomplish business and unit goals.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Executes Design strategy in design of stores.
- Provides clear, effective, and timely communication of design direction and changes to consultants.
- Identifies exceptions, proposes design solutions and resolves issues
- Contributes to store development business goals with Construction & Real Estate by achieving target deliverables on number of stores.
- Designs stores within parameters of individual store budgets and market requirements with alignment from Construction and Real Estate based on direction from the Senior Leadership.
- Adheres to schedules set by Senior Leadership with alignment from Construction and Real Estate.
- Communicates dates to team and meets all established deadlines.
- Ensures alignment across cross functional teams and regional and market teams on individual store designs.
- Manages the architectural design process by assessing the scope of the project through review of surveys and deal documents.
- Responsible for the development of all schematic drawings and all store palettes for project type.
- Directly responsible for creating schematic design packages to company standards to direct consultants to create design development and construction drawings.
- Manages the production of construction documents by consultants.
- Ensures all intended scope of work, needs and code requirements are met on drawings.
- Checks drawings for design intent and conducts site visits as needed.
- Challenges and inspires partners to achieve business results.
WORKING WITH AQUENT
Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized healthcare and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program
- Free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Free online courses via Lynda.com
WE WELCOME REFERRALS! Check out our referral policy here: http://aquent.com/rewards/
Summary of Experience:
- Retail, hospitality or restaurant design or development organization including management of construction documents: 3 to 5 years
- Management in a national company: 2 years
- Managing outside architectural, MEP and other design consultants
- Bachelor degree required in architectural, interior design, or related field
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Current knowledge of industry trends in retail store and restaurant design including furniture and finishes
- Current working knowledge of building and health codes and compliance issues
- Demonstrated 3D visualization ability and working knowledge of color and design principles including experience with Revit, Autocad and sketchup
- Proficiency in Sketch-up and presentations skills required
- Ability to balance design, with operational needs and budget objectives resulting in exceptional store environments
- Knowledge of architectural details and specifications
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong Organizational skills; attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving and decision making skills
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to communicate well with multidisciplinary cross functional internal as well as external teams
- Ability to manage a high volume of work within compressed timeframes
- Presentation skills necessary
- Ability to balance business needs and project constraints with high standards in design quality