- Hartford County, CT
- Job Terms:
- Talent Bridge/Temp-to-Perm
- W2, Hourly, Depends on Experience
- posted by:
- Blythe Churchill-Joell
We are seeking a dynamic leader to manage our client’s B2B Marketing strategy. Within this exciting role, you will oversee the planning and execution for a Fortune 500 organization for clients at all levels and work in partnership with the enterprise departments to maximize local growth and earnings objectives – which pivot directly from the market’s Local Market Strategy. This role will align to and work with the Field Marketing Managers, for many local markets, to ensure the overall B2B Plan is embedded locally and that the enterprise plans are reflective of their cumulative needs. This role will interface with senior leadership across the local business, enterprise Buyer Groups, and Global Marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead overall effort of local Market level B2B planning, including market and message segmentation to promote cross-market sharing with counterparts
- Drive rigorous process to ensure that 100% of investments meet the hurdle ROI and that the overall B2B portfolio has the optimal mix for return at the enterprise level
- Produce the annual marketing strategy and plans to support the delivery of the B2B business targets.
- Lead cross-functional efforts to establish the desired infrastructure required to support B2B marketing; including: IT, Digital, Compliance, Legal, Finance, and more.
- Develop the overall marketing strategy and plan for B2B segments including customer targets, while leveraging appropriate value prop, competitive positioning, consumer research, etc. from the Buyer Group team
- In partnership with Marketing Executives, lead segment marketing communications and brand strategy for customer acquisition. Coordinate Marketing Communications efforts; including overseeing strategy, creative briefs, agency selection/projects.
- Identify changes in the marketing environment and competitive strategies, and evaluate or adjust the B2B marketing strategy (positioning, competitive messaging, etc.)
- Work with executives and subject matter experts to create differentiating content and thought leadership to aid the B2B funnel among sales teams and brokers.
- Demonstrate proactive approach in bringing marketing solutions to the businesses. Identify business opportunities to support overall growth plans with an emphasis on developing and growing all business channels.
- Develop expertise on how the company delivers solutions today and future execution strategies in order to identify, present and carry out opportunities for improvement that will drive product effectiveness and customer satisfaction/retention/growth.
- Responsible for channel test and learn agenda, channel-level analytics and ongoing channel optimization decisions for the region.
- Assess existing businesses for ways to increase growth and penetration of key earnings drivers; assist in identifying opportunities for marketing new and existing solutions.
- Understand the dynamics of and drive strategies around the customer with an aim of increasing earnings per customer.
- Builds teams (whether direct reports or business/matrix partners) and organization design alignment around strategic execution to maximize the market value proposition, in alignment with the shared services model.
- Identify and leverage best practices, market insights and actionable information across the segments for success.
- Accountable for in-depth assessment of market and competitor intelligence in support of local market strategy
- Maintain clear pulse on market activity from traditional and nontraditional competitors and ensuring market message contemplates and speaks to varying solutions.
Our client is a Fortune 500 company. Benefits Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package. Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting. Other features:
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
Ideal candidates will offer:
- 7-10 years experience developing and implementing a multi-channel marketing strategy for Fortune 500 companies.
- Ability to thrive in a matrixed environment, leveraging resources from around the company.
- Enterprise thinker with proven ability to influence across a matrix environment. Ability to develop relationships across all levels of the organization, as well as externally.
- Strong financial acumen and P&L experience; has a track record of achieving bottom-line results by managing against well-crafted strategic plans
- A strong strategic sense coupled with an operational orientation; able to contribute to a strategic process, yet is someone who executes flawlessly.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and utilize resources to accomplish tasks. Have excellent win/win negotiation skills. Proven ability to analyze competitors marketing plans and strategies.
- Comfortable dealing with and managing an ever-changing, highly competitive industry/ environment; communicates optimism and confidence in the future.
- Minimum of 5 years of direct marketing including customer acquisition/cross sell.
- Experience producing marketing communications programs across various media including digital
- The leadership and management skills to attract, develop and retain talent.
- Experience managing multiple priorities and executing strategy within time, budget and quality standards.
- Bachelor's degree is required, graduate degree strongly preferred.
Personal Competencies should include:
- Ability to build and leverage internal relationships
- Practical business leverage mindset rather than a technical/academic research mindset
- Passion and energy for inciting results through others; influences and inspires others to achieve
- Strong commitment to client service and team members
- Adaptable, flexible, and able to lead/manage the organization through change
- Goal oriented and personally accountable; resourceful and self-directed
- Open minded and creative – seek ‘out of box’ solutions
- Open communicator; excellent oral and written communication skills
- Has a global mindset
- Customer focus
- Strategic mindset
- Cultural sensitivity
- Business leadership and judgment skills
- People leadership and interpersonal skills
- Innovative and creative
- Business oriented, mature and self-motivated
- Able to work under pressure on multiple priorities
Successful candidates will be required to pass a drug screen and background check.