Job Title: Packaging Designer
Job Location: Midtown- NYC
Starting: two weeks
My client, a global beauty company located in midtown Manhattan, is looking for a Package Designer to join their team as an ongoing freelancer for a to handle the execution of packaging for top tier celebrity/mass luxury packaging.
FRAGRANCE PACKAGING DESIGN POSITION
With an emphasis on primary and secondary packaging design, as well as conceptual advertising and collateral.
• Junior to senior designer (more towards senior).
This person will work on a few beauty brands so the ability to work in a fast-paced environment is a must.
Preferred start date:
within the next week or two.
• Main day to day job responsibilities:
- DTO creation (Design Turn Over) design specs.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and In-design
- Cutting and mounting skills
- Light mechanical production
- Juice coloring and color stories creation (this we can teach)
- Conceptual thinker that can come up with ideas for specific projects
- Meet with Marketing and attend meetings to present work
- Organized in presenting and in keeping a track of all work
- Good people skills and easy to get along with
- Good communication skills
Must have a background in fragrance or beauty packaging.
Must have a portfolio put together of work that shows your proficiency in packaging, preferably with experience in beauty, luxury, or fashion. If you have a portfolio together and are very interested in this opportunity, please reach out to me directly at email@example.com .
This is an ongoing contract looking to pay between $35-$40 an hour working 40 hours a week, and after 4 weeks you'll be eligible for subsidized health benefits & 401k.