Contract with potential for extension or perm with Fortune 500 Tech company!
The Content Marketing Specialist will oversee our editorial content and blog calendar. You will help create and coordinate the production of content assets in both long and short-form, ranging from ebooks and white papers to infographics and blog posts. You’ll also work with internal and external thought leaders to ensure that our blog has a steady stream of contributors with a goal of making it the primary content engine for our site.
A journalistic background is preferred, along with a strong grasp of SEO and social media strategy. Great writing and editing skills are mandatory, as is the ability to thrive in an agile marketing, start-up-like environment that encourages creativity and teamwork.
You are the perfect candidate for this role if you have:
• Extensive marketing and content creation experience for a B2B software provider
• Stellar writing and proof reading skills -- writing samples required
• Wizard-like skills with blog software platforms (Wordpress, Hubspot).
• A love and knack for writing and editing both brief and in-depth content, as well as choosing appropriate images and creating simple graphics
• Excellent journalism skills, including interviewing and story development
• An ability to work independently as well as collaborate in teams
• A strong collaborative mindset -- including the ability to advocate your point of view while responding positively to feedback
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Management of the blog and content calendar
• Writing of content including ebooks, templates, white papers, podcasts and videos
• Coordinating and editing content created by others
• Proven ability to balance writing for response, customer experience (engagement) and SEO best practices
• Take draft content from a variety of sources throughout the company and transform it into usable content
• Publishing and editing content on blog and other online platforms
Skills and Profile
• Minimum 2-5 years experience in B2B SaaS marketing
• Experience in the AEC (Architecture, Engineering, or Construction) Industry highly desirable, but not required
• Experienced in working with a variety of marketing technical systems.
• Working technical understanding of HTML, CSS, and SEO techniques.