We are seeking a WordPress Developer who will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development, including creating WordPress themes and plugins, managing WP upgrades and security updates across multiple sites in multiple languages, managing metadata/tagging and general site maintenance.
The candidate will also provide consulting and leadership in finding or developing new technologies and methods to advance our company’s presence on the WordPress platform. The candidate should have a strong understanding of the content industry trends and content management systems, including headless/decoupled content practices.
• Supports current websites by providing technical support and maintenance.
• Collaborating with design, strategy and sales teams to find solutions for client website projects
• Aids account managers, and others in requirements gathering, project planning, and general technical questions.
• Site administration for multiple sites on a single hosting platform
• Issue resolution and file management
• Aids other developers with system design and implementation.
• Monitors server and site performance working with a third-party hosting provider.
• Must be able to build and test WCAG 2.0aa ADA-Compliant sites.
• Designing and implementing new features and functionality
• Establishing and guiding the architecture for a series of WordPress websites
• Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the WordPress platform
• Formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and/or plugin
• Fast protoyping based on a detailed design
• Managing and troubleshooting translation plug-ins such as WPML
• Executing content delivery and extraction using REST APIs
• Remediation of bugs identified that are discovered following site launch. Note: CM recommends Marriott utilize Jira to document and submit bugs to CM for remediation.
• Applicable changes to WordPress’s content settings that impact site build
• Any updates required due to changes in plugins
• Any updates required due to changes in APIs
• Ad Hoc Consultation- Includes leveraging CM technical experience and technical expertise as requested by client under this agreement.
Skills and Qualifications
• Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
• Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
• Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
• Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
• Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
• Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
• Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
• Good communication and writing skills
• Ability to work independently; good time management
• Bachelor degree in related field preferred
• 3 years experience building WordPress sites