Join the award-winning gaming development team! Our client is seeking a full time Senior Managing Art Producer to partner with and support the internal art team!
In this role you will attract, retain, and develop some of the top art talent in the gaming industry. With the production and management teams, you’ll plan, organize, and structure the work of the Art team as a whole, to ensure that project and studio needs are met. You’ll also play an important role in creating and maintaining a vibrant and innovative creative culture, and in helping guide the Art team on a path of continual growth and improvement.
- Deep knowledge of the terminology and processes associated with this department is essential.
- Partner with team leads and producers to deal with personnel issues and individual growth, such as meeting task expectations, as well as actively tasking individuals toward determined personal and professional growth goals.
- Provide career development and growth for all artists including mentoring and guidance on soft skills, performance and professional management – 1:1’s, annual reviews, job descriptions and leveling.
- Manage performance within the team in a way that encourages innovation and creativity, while establishing and codifying best practices and process.
- Maintain an inspiring creative culture, where experimentation, feedback and iteration are encouraged.
- Establish responsibility and accountability within the team. Create, develop, and support new leaders.
- Work with production team to ensure that production ownership and practices are efficient, clear and properly resourced, so that the needs of the team and disciplines are being met.
- Represent the team at the studio level. Ensure that appropriate communication flows freely within the team.
- Escalate and resolve production team needs, issues and concerns in a responsive, effective and visible manner.
- Ensure that communication flows smoothly between the art teams and the rest of the studio.
- Act decisively to remove roadblocks and smooth out interdisciplinary issues.
- Provide regular and meaningful feedback to all reporting staff.
- Attract and retain top tier talent, to build an industry leading team.
- Coordinate with the recruiting team to refine the process.
- Guarantee a positive, respectful and responsive experience for all candidates we interact with, including those that are unsuccessful.
- Function as the studio point person in regard to the Art Internship Program This would involve working closely with the SIE University Relations team and maintaining direct relationships with top universities.
- Assist with the creation, implementation and improvement of the production process and workflow.
- Collaborate with Lead Producer, Production Team, and other studio leaders to ensure a consistent, transparent and effective production process across disciplines.
- Evaluate and adjust workflow, tools and communication, as needed, as well as other software and hardware requests. Monitor and manage team usage, production tool modification and process requests and software updates.
- Day to day consultation on project schedules with project producers and senior producers/managers, as needed.
- Maintaining and enhancing creative relationships within internal development teams.
- Must have the necessary skills and knowledge to manage a large team of artists.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively across Product Development and Management teams.
- Proven ability in conflict resolution with a high level of empathetic and listening skills.
- Interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Proven experience producing cross-functional, creative development teams and resources to quality and schedule goals.
- Clear understanding of overall project planning and all that it involves.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, attention to detail, process knowledge and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to identify other business units with necessary technical knowledge and cultivate relationships.
- Knowledgeable of current industry trends: stays up-to-date on competitive products and best practice.
- Familiarity with Agile techniques a plus.
- Familiarity with traditional production management techniques.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel), Hansoft, and Bug tracking database (Jira).
- Must love games and have a passion for creating them!
Education & Experience:
- 7+ years game industry experience.
- 5+ years people management experience.
- 5+ years production experience.
- At least one AAA full development cycle.
- Internal development team experience.
- Experience within the art discipline preferred.