The Sr. User Experience Researcher will be an integral part of our client’s IT Transformation. In this role, you will participate in all aspects of user-centered design to provide expertise and guidance in order to deliver superior user experiences to our business partners for web, desktop, mobile and beyond. The ideal candidate has a passion for user-centered research and has a wide breadth of experience in both qualitative and quantitative methods for generative and evaluative research.
• Visualize ideas using professional design tools as well as sticky notes, sketch boards, whiteboard markers or whatever tools are necessary to rapidly work through research and ideation and move to the next stage.
• Plan, conduct and synthesize research using standard methodologies and outputs including: personas, stakeholder interviews, contextual inquires, ethnography, journey mapping, service blueprints, mental models, task analysis, card sorting, usability testing, customer satisfaction monitoring, focus groups, and competitive analysis.
• Work closely with interaction designers and design team to formulate research plans that drive end-user satisfaction and measurable business goals.
• Design and conduct various types of research activities, including early design concept testing, rapid iterative testing, eye-tracking, remote testing, surveys, benchmark studies, usability test, heuristic evaluation, etc.
• Identify gaps between the current and the ideal user experience to drive innovation focus and purpose.
• Continuously challenge the effectiveness of design, recommending changes, as appropriate.
• Bring research back to project teams and help drive decisions based on research and usability studies.
• Manage end-user recruiting, partnering with business to identify and recruit end-users for involvement throughout the design process.
• Work with design teams to design test plans and help iterate designs throughout user testing.
• Serve as a subject matter expert on user research methods, usability best practices, user-centered design, and our end-users.
• Lead training and workshops to teach UCD methodologies to non-UX professionals.
• Develop and manage internal research and usability capabilities, including hardware, software, templates and other assets used for testing.
LOCAL Candidate's only please