Aquent's Fortune 500 retail client is looking for an Art Director to work short-term contract onsite in Plano,TX.
The Art Director will work with the Creative Director, Creative Managers, Sr. Art Directors, Asst. Art Directors and Visual Merchandising Managers to ensure seasonal direction, established color palettes and consistency in design and art direction are followed, as well as following established creative brand standards to deliver unique and effective shop presentations for multiple brands within the store.
• Creates design concepts for divisional, seasonal and storewide graphics and 3D displays. Guides the conversion of these ideas into effective retail advertising design to promote immediate sales and achieve the Company’s fashion/brand image goals.
• Creates new visual campaigns or shop designs approved by Creative leadership, as required, to meet the needs of divisional requests. Builds out storewide signage based on promotional themes designed by the Brand Marketing team.
• Checks all art &/or photography to ensure factual accuracy, adequacy of selling message, creative effectiveness. Ensures requested messaging is positioned appropriately within a visual layout. Provides personal accountability for the accuracy of all final art for assigned projects.
• Maintains brand standards leadership has set and upholds creative excellence expectations.
• Provides direction to and follow-up on various stages of advertising procedures with production, designers, Visual Merchandising Managers and print vendors; all to achieve the best product possible within established budget guidelines.
• Works with Traffic team and print vendors to establish production specs for all visuals.
• Responsible for production and release of all art files.
Core Capabilities & Accomplishments:
• Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design or Advertising preferred.
• 5-7 years of Art Direction in retail or fashion apparel preferred; print experience required. Understanding of how to design in a 3D space is preferred.
• Significant experience in layout for related media with proven management skills.
• Excellent knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles; media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods, sense of style, ability to portray a high taste level in all communication arts. Knowledge of printing/3D display fabrication is preferred.
• Demonstrated creativity, aesthetic sensitivity, ability to multi-task, solve problems and strong visualization skills. Must be able to read basic floor plans and fixture drawings.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while maintaining a positive, can-do, service-oriented attitude.
• Advanced typography acumen and awareness.
• Must be proficient in InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustration and other MAC based applications and design programs. Excellent attention to detail and strong visualization skills.