Working with an internal Hardware Design Research team, you will be responsible for driving research operations within Hardware Design— from planning stages through creative testing, across all channels. The Design Research team is customer obsessed, willing to take action and spark creativity. They produce the highest-quality insights while pioneering innovative research techniques. From design to data, engineering to development, you should love getting into the weeds with process and programs to figure out how to break down barriers and drastically increase output. Documentation and creating new, efficient, scalable systems are your thing. You are familiar with human factors, foundational and qualitative research techniques and aim to build highly efficient processes and systems. Last but not least, you love design.
• Project manage various research projects by working closely with cross-functional internal teams such as Design Strategy, Industrial Design, User Experience Design and Product Management.
• Work with Research Lead to build out research plans for high visibility projects and programs by identifying requirements, dependencies and building schedules to manage to deadlines.
• Actively work to remove obstacles and enable forward momentum and progress. Manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities.
•Ability to balance team expectations, business needs, and resources to ensure correct prioritization of cross-functional work as a project evolves.
• Represent team in critical meetings to track actions, milestones and deliverables.
• Provide clear communication to cross-functional team leads and senior management regarding project status, resource requirements, issues, and priorities. Proactively identify risks, prioritize them, and create plans to resolve in a timely manner.
• Vendor liaison administration duties such as vendor enrollment, contract generation/negotiation and budget/purchase order management.
• Be a “Research Evangelist” - share insights and best-practices, at times connecting people who would benefit from collaboration with each other.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
• 5 years of experience managing cross-functional teams that delivered solutions related to design research and insights.
Nice to Have:
• Preferred B.S./B.A. (in progress or completed) in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, Social Science, Anthropology, or other field focusing on human behavior and/or human computer interaction
• Experience in Hardware Research
• Thorough knowledge of user centered design processes and iterative development processes.
• Proven ability to multitask, analyze opportunities, define successful approaches, proactively solve problems and accomplish challenging objectives with a minimum of direction.
• High degree of initiative to drive projects to completion. Excellent multi-tasking, project management and stakeholder management skills.
• An analytical mindset. You approach problems from an inquisitive and scientific perspective and are always looking for data to help make decisions, but you know how to balance quantitative and qualitative insights.