- Spring, Texas
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Crystal Pettibone
Our client, a Fortune 100 Energy company, is looking for a Sr. UX Researcher to help them understand and solve the world’s toughest energy challenges. This person will work in a company that values user experience and will be part of a corporate community of a few dozen UX professionals who will challenge you and grow your skillset. If you want to work on challenging scientific and engineering software with highly technical problems, and you have strong skills in user research and communication, this may be the perfect job for you!
Activities and Skills:
- Must possess a wide breadth of research techniques to help select the right research method for the information needed.
- Lots of generative research, including leading user interviews and contextual inquiries, sometimes working alone, but more often partnering with subject matter experts, designers, and developers who will “ride along” with you to learn about the business the users.
- Will also perform evaluative research, including planning and moderating usability tests for paper prototypes, electronic mock-ups, and implemented applications. These will mostly be conducted in the onsite usability lab, but also in the field.
- Lead the analysis and synthesis of the research findings. Your ability to present clear, visual depictions of the people, the work, and the problems, so that you can work as a team to build solutions that improve those things, will be crucial to the success of this role.
- You will use your writing and visual communications skills to bring the research discoveries alive. Team members and executives will rely on you to make the research real so that the business and stakeholders can take the appropriate action.
Aquent is the world's largest and most prestigious staffing firm specializing in the creative and marketing field. We place our Talent in contract engagements ranging from 2 days to 2+ years. We offer the industry's best benefits - medical, dental and vision benefits are available to you after just 30 days and after 90 days you are free to participate in our 401k plan. We also offer an outstanding referral bonus program where you can earn cash just for knowing and referring talented friends!
- Mixed methods research approach
- Generative research (contextual inquiry, naturalistic observation, etc.)
- Evaluative research (usability testing, prototype testing, etc.)
- Analysis and synthesis of research data
- Survey Development & Analysis
Desired Skills or Experience:
- 4+ years of experience
- 2+ years of experience in Oil and Gas or other science/engineering domain preferred.