This Hardware Design Team is seeking a Production Artist Contractor with a superb aesthetic sense and impeccable eye for detail. The right designer will help our teams bring on-product graphic labels and regulatory markings to life across multiple product categories including but not limited to mobile, home and wearables. The ideal candidate will have experience designing and laying out critical markings on products as well as working across different application methods including pad printing, silk-screen, laser etching and in-tool.
- Work closely with graphic design, industrial design, marketing, regulatory compliance and product management in all stages of the product labeling process
- Design and layout pertinent labels on-product including but not limited to regulatory markings (i.e. serial number, country codes, date, etc.), typography on keyboards (across multiple countries) and user interface icons (i.e. play, pause, ffwd, etc.)
- Translate graphic design to production printing methods
- Work with vendors to ensure design intent on all markings and labels
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- BA/BS degree in Fine Arts or Graphic Design
- 5+ years of industry experience working in graphic design
- Up-to-date portfolio of graphic design work with relevant examples in product labeling
- Familiarity with compliance markings and requirements for different regions
- Ability to translate design intent accurately and efficiently to production methods
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas effectively
- Current experience in industry leading software and technologies including: Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch
Nice To Have:
- Understanding of various on-product printing methods (pad printing, silk-screen, laser etching, in-tool, stitching, etc.)
- Knowledge of working with varied materials: plastic, metal, cloth, rubber, wood, etc..
- Experience collaborating and communicating with vendors in Asia.
- Proven track record of working on products that have been successfully introduced to the US and international markets.
- Proven ability to collaborate with other designers, marketing, hardware engineers, regulatory compliance teams and suppliers to develop new solutions.