You will be part of a team that is responsible for both creating and evolving the digital transformation of the front-line operation. You are a forward-thinker, a rule breaker, and willing to challenge and provoke new ways of connecting with our airport Customer Service Agents (CSAs). You will be leading the charge in creating a mobile-first strategy for interacting with our customers to create an exceptional in-airport experience. As a user-researcher, you will perform evaluative research to identify how our Agents are currently working with and using products developed by the mobile operations team. You will also conduct generative/exploratory research that will identify work flows and answer questions about CSA behaviors, which will help empower them to improve the operation. This position requires strong organization and communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively across related teams. You’ll also need to be deeply passionate about getting to know our CSAs, support our empathy for their work environment and needs, and help us create great product experiences for them while balancing the goals and requirements of the business.
The candidate will work closely with a team of UX Designers, Product Managers and Engineers in a mainly agile delivery environment. The User Experience Researcher will report to the User Experience Manager.
• Conduct and lead both evaluative and generative user research and observe front-line employee behavior
• Evaluate prototypes with stakeholders to see how they map to various business and CSA needs
• Be an end-user advocate, driving user needs and goals into both creative and pragmatic design solutions
• Work directly with visual designers and engineers to maintain the integrity of the user experience, communicating using various methods
• Recruit and schedule usability participants for research studies.
• Generate ideas in the form of site maps, storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, rough sketches, flow diagrams, or comps to clearly communicate interaction concepts
• Assist the creative and product teams in ideation exercises to push the boundaries of the future of user needs and interactions
• Stay on top of the latest industry trends and mobile OS releases
• Create design specifications (i.e., redlines and style guides)
• You may also need to assist in the creative execution of ideas and concepts if you have design skills
• A BA/BS or higher degree in HCDE, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Industrial Design, User Experience, Information Design, Graphic Design or related degree and/or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 5+ years of relevant work experience, preferably with mobile and tablet experiences
• Experience applying a balanced mix of qualitative and quantitative methodologies, coupled with a strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods and the ability to identify how to apply them during each product phase.
• Experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
• Deep knowledge and application of user-centered design approaches and interaction design best practices
• Working knowledge of statistics and the principles used in designing research studies.
• Experience operating as an individual contributor in a user research role.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
• Deep understanding of user interface patterns for native mobile applications (primarily iOS and android).
• Ability to scope and estimate resources and time needed to complete a project
• Experience working with UX designers and agile delivery teams
• Experience using of Adobe Creative Suite preferred
• Experience creating interactive prototypes using a range of tools
• Experience leading usability studies
• Able to synthesize data into actionable next steps and communicate via reports or presentations
• A portfolio that clearly outlines problems and user needs, and demonstrates expertise in the process and solutions to solve the problem(e.g.: study plans, reports).
• Demonstrated ability for strategic problem solving
• Team player with a healthy sense of humor
• Exceptional communication skills – an ability to make complex concepts understandable, demonstrate leadership, and posses strong presentation skills to sell ideas to stakeholders
• Self-motivated and self-directed work style, able to drive a project to delivery
• Have a passion for quality, innovation, and attention to the details
• An ability to work through ambiguity and competing priorities