The Global Sourcing team is leading Hasbro’s effort to expand its manufacturing base across Asia, Europe, Latin American, North America, and other regions to achieve improvements in product quality, cost, and delivery. Since the launch of this initiative in 2013, Global Sourcing has successfully onboarded over 30 manufacturing partners across India, Vietnam, Indonesia, Turkey, Mexico, Brazil, and China. With an objective to ship an aggregate volume of $1.6B at ex-factory cost and generate savings of $250M by 2020, a highly-coordinated project allocation effort between Global Sourcing and the Category Teams is required. A successful candidate will be tasked with leading several high-profile initiatives as the Global Sourcing Project and Process Manager.
This position will be accountable for information flow across Global Sourcing and key business partners within the Category Teams (HFE and RI), Central Planning, Production Planning, QC/QA, Costing, Logistics, and the Regional Sourcing teams we have on the ground in all manufacturing countries. They will lead the planning, tracking, reporting, and data flow functions for Global Sourcing projects, and also lead efforts to map our Global Sourcing process into a playbook that can be used by all involved parties for more efficient onboarding new regions and manufacturing partners.
This position reports to the SVP of Global Sourcing in Pawtucket, RI.
• Work as liaison between Global Sourcing and Category Teams to identify candidate products for sourcing outside of China.
• Track total impact and rationale for dual sourcing strategy:
• Product development lead-times.
• Additional tooling and development expense
• Landed cost differences into various market regions from dual source locations, and impact on VM.
• Work with GS and Cat teams on vendor KPI’s – these will drive decisions on vendor loading:
• Product categories and complexity level for each vendor.
• Vendor performance required to achieve ‘single source’ status
• Help create and monitor vendor KPI’s that will govern regional and vendor allocation decisions.
• Track key milestones and generate reports for monthly Category Team updates on Global Sourcing objectives and progress.
• Collaborate with SVP Global Sourcing on quarterly presentations to Category Team leaders on GS status, objectives, challenges, etc.
• Lead effort to map the entire Global Sourcing Process with the help of the Process Management. Team and leaders of numerous functions that are impacted by this initiative.