UX writers are the voice of this client. They craft intuitive, inspiring text in graphical user interfaces on the web, on mobile, in cars -- everywhere people engage. UX writers collaborate closely with product managers, designers, researchers, and others to imagine, design, test, and deliver products that are relied on by hundreds of millions of people around the globe.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities
- Write clear, concise user-interface text for products.
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, prototypers, product managers, and engineers to define requirements.
- Develop concepts for early-stage products. Provide data-informed insights to improve existing experiences.
- Help coordinate translations, improve writing tools and processes, format documents, and generally lend a hand as needed to produce world-class software and hardware products.
- 5 years of relevant work experience with consumer-focused writing for computing platforms.
- Experience working closely with engineering and product management teams as part of the software development process.
- Ability to juggle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Working knowledge of g suite
- Knowledge of online technology (mobile apps) and related technology and products.
- Superb writing, editing, and project management skills.
Nice to have
- BS/BA Degree (manager is open to area of study)
- Sketching tool like Sketch or Basalmiq is helpful
*** Experience that will do well in this role Technical Writing, Journalism, User Documentation