The website this team builds has not had a significant update since 2010, and the team feels as though their brand and identity is suffering in the current design. They would like to start with a totally new slate starting with a bold look and design. It should not look like the type of site someone would expect from this tech giant. They also want to rethink their information architecture.
They're in need of a designer that can help guide us through this current course of growing pains and help them construct a new identity that reinforces the principles they've stood for while setting a visual course for the next few years.
- Skills: 5 plus years work related experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a lead role.
- Strong knowledge of user interface and functionality design required.
- Strong creative skills and ability to generate design ideas required.
- Advanced experience in creating and implementing usability studies, personas, user flows, wireframes, style guides, navigational structures, and affinity diagrams is required.
- Advanced knowledge of web technologies (i.e. HTML and CSS).
- Fluency with standard design software tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc) required.
- Advanced interaction design and web technology skills (i.e. Flash) may be required.
- Strong knowledge or experience with database served websites.
- Experience working with rich client or web applications preferred.
- Must have the ability to understand and integrate customer needs and motivations into specific areas of product design to contribute to user features and functionality.
- Must be familiar with industry standards and trends.
- Strong communication skills as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team required.
- Must have ability to own and drive projects.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Must be a solid designer – Doesn’t need to have a specific background or a number of years’ experience, just needs to be a new cutting edge designer.