- San Francisco
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Jessica Cizek
A major apparel/retail brand is seeking a Junior Visual/Digital Designer with at least one year of experience. This person will be responsible for developing and executing innovative designs for (primarily) brand email campaigns. This role will also work on online site campaigns and the production work of passing off assets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Translate business and marketing objectives into designs that are clear, compelling, visually exciting, easy to use and emotionally engaging.
* Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes creative leads, brand management, merchandising, marketing, web content development, and project management.
* Produce design specifications, scenarios, and design prototypes.
* Initiate concepts and work independently and/or with design leads.
* Present multiple solutions per project.
* Manage timing and deliverables for project work.
* Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
* Present creative to business partners.
This position will report into the Assistant Art Director.
Major apparel retailer, but you will be employed by Aquent. Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things: You're paid weekly with the option for direct deposit Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk) Access to Fidelity 401(k) Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward Bart passes, etc.) Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!) Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/ Access to free online courses via Lynda.com Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up).
• 1+ year professional experience in digital design
• Retail design experience is preferable.
* Expert knowledge of latest web technologies and technology trends.
* Strong knowledge of design fundamentals, layout, typography, information hierarchy, and web specifications.
* Expert in idea generation, as well as collaboration with copy and photography creative partners.
* Online retail experience a plus.
* Must be detailed-oriented, well organized and able to thrive in deadline driven environment.
* Ability to apply user interface and interactive design best practices to projects.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Solid experience with resizing, optimizing and slicing of graphics.
* Must be flexible in job duties and willing to take on added responsibility when necessary.
• Well-rounded knowledge of mobile usability, and design best practices.
• Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and Mac OS environment.
• HTML5/DHTML/CSS3 experience helpful.