We are looking for a talented, customer-focused graphic designer to join our web retail design team for a 6 month contract, coue extend or go full time for the right talent. The ideal candidate will have the ability to deliver clean, web-ready designs based on existing styleguides and Brand guidelines in a fast-paced production environment. This position requires strong organizational skills, web expertise, intrinsic design ability, typographic skills, and acute attention to detail. The ability to manage multiple projects and communicate with key stakeholders is essential. Having a retail, toy or children background is a plus!
Online portfolio of work is REQUIRED.
* 2-4 years minimum experience in a web production environment
* BA/BS in Design or equivalent
* Excellent Adobe Photoshop skills
* Proficient in Illustrator and Dreamweaver/HTML/CSS
* Excellent attention to detail
* Strong communication skills
* Self-motivated and capable of working independently
* Retail web experience a plus
* Illustration skills a plus
* Designing strongly branded promotional graphics
* Optimizing digital images for download efficiency
* Developing clean and effective graphic templates and styleguides
* Fulfilling multiple project requests while simultaneously meeting tight deadlines
Responsibilities/Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for?
• Primary responsibility would be to establish guidelines that a production designer could build out a full graphic (similar to style guides/graphic guidelines)
• Making the 1st batch of graphics and finding a way to shift it out to other people
• Designing splash pages /event page (template)
• Graphic placements
• Execute marketing initiatives based off of video available graphics
• Concepts for seasonal events (i.e. social champagnes/ onsite graphics or photo shoot concepts)
What are the must have skills you are looking r?
• Web design (someone with a great thought process on how to go about problem solving)
• An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating identity design, visual branding, and/or packaging systems across both online and offline channels.
• Awareness of UX/UI (not a UX/UI designer)
What would stand out to you as a Good vs Average Candidate?
• 2-5 years of interacting with clients directly
• Drive projects on their own
What are the soft skills or leadership principles that you believe candidates must possess to be successful in this position?
• Self motivated - Thinking about the next step without being provoked
• Bias for Action – Being able to find answers to questions on their own
• Learn and Be curious – hungry to learn
• Invent and Simplify
Do you have any particular companies or industries that you would like the candidate to have previous experience in?
• Retail Experience (working with merchandisers or marketing teams)
• Something with kids or toys