The communications manager is an external contractor participating in a broad range of communication efforts, including the creation and dissemination of communication materials, organization of events, monitoring ongoing communication initiatives, and ensuring alignment with local and global communications needs.
This is NOT a senior level position, ideal candidate will have a couple of years of profesisonal experience.
This role is a part time role approx. 30 hours per week.
Will require the worker to be onsite for the engagement
• Coordinate site communications, establish and maintain guidelines.
• Manage the Weekly Update, a site-wide newsletter.
• Work with scientists to identify stories to be highlighted locally and globally.
• Work with site leadership to ensure consistent and effective internal communications.
• Assist and prepare preliminary content for intranet news stories featuring science and associates
• Assist functions in creating digital ads and other communications materials (providing tem-plates and giving guidance as well as occasionally producing content)
• Prepare and distribute internal and external communications, in a timely manner, both electronic and print materials
• Manage logistics for local and global events that happen on the local site
2-3 years' experience in internal or external communications, preferably in a research/life sciences company/organization.
• Superb oral, written communication and presentation skills.
• Flexibility to manage competing priorities and shift focus as determined by changing needs.
• Intelligence and poise to work with senior leaders.
• Demonstrated record of success in synthesizing complex research related issues to develop effective communications
• Proven ability to work independently and as part of a multi-faceted team, and to operate in a rapidly changing and culturally diverse environment.
• Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects within tight deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• High level of energy with a proactive approach to problem-solving; results driven.
• Ability to handle highly sensitive, confidential materials with discretion and professionalism.